Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, forget Lassie or Old Yeller... those of you in Chit Chat land... I need help from you on a dog owner's observation.

Do dogs as they walk look up very much or do they pretty much keep it straight ahead or to the sides for viewing. I'm wondering how often dogs look up... strange question yes but just something I was wondering when thinking about things from a dog perspective when out for a walk.

Could you help me with this question please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Al says dogs can't look up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I have a neighbor whose dog frequently looks up and barks at hawks flying overhead, if she happens to see them. They're pretty high too.

She's also looking up at me all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the dog and the circumstances the dog is in at the time. Human perception can color this observation too. Dogs are mainly scent oriented. They'll move their heads to gather scent. Many humans, mainly sight oriented, incorrectly interpret this as looking around rather than casting for scent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.