Popular Tags: [View All]
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or do some people here on the Geek take geek lists a little too seriously.

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of criticism that goes on. I think most if not all of the lists are posted in fun or in good humor or with a genuine interest in gaming.

Am I way off base here?

Please also understand that I am not in any way referring to a recent thread from a gamer who was made to feel uncomfortable by comments that were apparently made to them and, thus, left the geek. I honestly think that's tragic as, again, this site is suppose to be a fun place for gamers to talk and share ideas.

I'm just speaking about the folks who leave really grumpy or overly serious comments on some of the geek lists I've read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Stangl
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely agree. Especially now that we can rate geek lists and not every geek list appears in the game entries, there's no need for additional unfriendly comments. If someone wants to make a list to show his collection or to decide about a buy, GL-Nazis should rate it with "1" - or don't rate it at all so it doesn't reach the required number of ratings and leave the author in peace. It's really getting annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well dont get me wrong - I'm all for a little disagreement every now and then. That's healthy - in fact I encourage it.

But sometimes people get all in a bunch about the most simple things - it's amazing.

As much as I love games - we still have to admit to ourselves that they are, in fact, just that - games. And that this is no subject to ever get upset over for any reason.

It's all about fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're definitely not off base. Is it me, or has the problem gotten worse with time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I agree - it's sad really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Now, to be fair to the grumpy people....here they are, gamers, right? What are they doing? are they gaming?

OHblankNO

what are they doing?

THEY'RE SURFING A GAMING SITE!!!!

Can you imagine the endless frustration?

It's like an alcoholic on an alcohol website, nothing to drink, and yet expected to be polite and friendly when people do things that trigger them....

So, I say:

BEblankKINDblankTO

THE GRUMPY GAMERS

They're just suffering the dt's after all

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just tend to ignore grumpy gamers....

but i do like the cool letters you use...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Potter
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
davidgpeterson wrote:

As much as I love games - we still have to admit to ourselves that they are, in fact, just that - games. And that this is no subject to ever get upset over for any reason.

I couldn't disagree more. I wonder how many people have been killed, throughout history, over games. Thousands? Millions? Even excluding those in which money was on the line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
???? Uh - yeah - and those were justified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.