Carcassonne Big Box 3» Forums » News

Subject: Big Box 3 Announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to gaming source Boardgame News, Rio Grande Games is releasing a new rendition of the Big Box for this holiday season (release date December 2010). In typical Big Box fashion, this edition's loser is Count, King & Cult, the German expansion that weaseled its way into the English edition because Hans im Glück made the Big Box 2. Instead, the Big Box 3 will feature the newest Carcassonne expansion: Bridges, Castles & Bazaars. This just proves that the Catapult will never be released in a Big Box, unlike every other full-sized expansion released for the game.

Thus far, the only expansions not to be "Boxed" are magazine promos — Games Quarterly #11, Cathars, The Tunnel, and The Plague —, the Wheel of Fortune stand-alone expansion, The Catapult, and the expansions that missed inclusion in Count, King & Cult: Cult, Siege & Creativity and Crop Circles. I rather doubt most of these will make it into any Big Box unless Hans im Glück creates another compilation full expansion (which is possible). I do find the fact that Rio Grande did not replace the base game with Wheel of Fortune a rather unfortunate oversight in this Big Box, but I guess the games is eking out a living as a stand-alone for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Johnston
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started playing Carcassonne....What Wheel of Fortune? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Blohmé
Sweden
Simlångsdalen
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Zohayder wrote:
Just started playing Carcassonne....What Wheel of Fortune? Thanks.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.