Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, in the scenario 2, The Ring of Assassins a couple of questions arose:

1.- Can a character attack Isabeau, I mean, can a gang member spend 1 AP to attack her(ir order to claim the 12 ducats).?

2.- If Isabeu lands on the same space where a militiamen figure is standing, she attacks him I guess, and if she beat the militiamen he is removed from the game right?.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:
1.- Can a character attack Isabeau, I mean, can a gang member spend 1 AP to attack her(ir order to claim the 12 ducats).?

Absolutely. It will always give you the best chane of defeating of Isabeau, since the attacker always wins ties.

Krulz wrote:
2.- If Isabeu lands on the same space where a militiamen figure is standing, she attacks him I guess, and if she beat the militiamen he is removed from the game right?

No, Isabeau never attacks Militamen, only Thieves.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question...

If you attack Isabeau and LOSE that character dies and is "removed from the game" (do you still have to minus the 3 Ducats for that character?)

I found it to be cheap if not since if you know you can't escape with that character, all you have to do is try to kill Isabeau (gain 12 Ducats)- I would interpret that you would lose 3 even if a character is "removed from the game" ... my opponent said that character is not still in the district (if the game ends) therefore you don't have to pay the (3) Ducats. I disagree. (Who is right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
holywolfman wrote:
Another question...

If you attack Isabeau and LOSE that character dies and is "removed from the game" (do you still have to minus the 3 Ducats for that character?)

I found it to be cheap if not since if you know you can't escape with that character, all you have to do is try to kill Isabeau (gain 12 Ducats)- I would interpret that you would lose 3 even if a character is "removed from the game" ... my opponent said that character is not still in the district (if the game ends) therefore you don't have to pay the (3) Ducats. I disagree. (Who is right?)

You were right. The player must still pay the 3 ducats at the end of the game. The character is still in the district at the end of the game, they are just a corpse on the ground, as opposed to being rounded up by Militia at the end of the game. I believe the rules state that any character who doesn't successfully escape the district by the end of the game makes the owning player pay 3 ducats.

I would call being dead a "successful" escape.

LA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree... he argued since the rules stated "those that didn't leave the district" (if you die in this scenario, it says to "remove the character from the game").. just a small technicality! (it fits thematically to have to pay!)-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouchain Laurent
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, when a character is killed, you don't have to pay the "militian ransom" at the end of the game. :arrrh:

If your character can't leave the district, he will be catched by the militian. That's why you'll have to pay 3 ducats.

And if you want to kill Isabeau, it's a good idea, but you must be the first :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flbbd2fl
France
flag msg tools
mb
So when isabeau arrives on a militia unit, nothing happens? They stay on the same room? What about fights? We cannot attack Isabeau since there is a militia unit in the room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.