Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger E.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
my pimped AMF:

Size comparison of home-made beta-box to Origins and High Frontier.

Unpacking the box:

Original foldable map (size: 100%) vs. house-map (size: 125%)

All maps and player-boards mounted on 3mm Forex and laminated.
Timeline (not on picture) mounted on 1mm Plasticard

The genotypes, cut from 18mm triangular wooden strip. Glued a 20x4mm strip under the triangular one before cutting...for archetyps. Painted in white, grey, green, yellow and purple with GW-colours. Original geno-tents scanned on high-dpi-scanner, digital printed on sticker-foil, then laminated. Cutout and glued on the painted tents and "houses"

The vortex of life - all genotypes (280)

Gene, double-side mounted stickers on 20x16x4mm wooden bricks, cut from wooden strip and painted black and pink. One guy in my gamegroup hates pink...I could not resist ;p

Gene-money. Made from spacers used by prof. floor-tilers. 200 cost 1,80€. (Wild) painted.

Milankovich marker from wooden pieces, 1mm silver-wire, 1€cent, Plasticard, glue and GW-colours.

Greenhouse marker

One-view on all components of the pimped AMF

Space on a 125% map-hex. I can place up to 5 geno-tents without covering the biome-card The huskers in the picture are only placed to show a crowded hex.

Last picture shows the components how they should look ingame.

Hope you like it

Edit: 1 bad thing: they sold an AMF-expansion missprint with everything exept the player-board and the rules printed in brown gulp to me. It would be nice to own one printed in green...bsssssbbssssbbsssbsssssss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wowwowwowwow
Amazing
wowwowwowwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Holy crap, that is completely awesome. I'm green with envy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is totally awesome... now if only I could get around to learning how to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Naesborg
Denmark
Lynge
flag msg tools
badge
Deadpool
mbmbmbmbmb
This is SO cool.
Good inspiration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I know you spent a lot of time on the wooden 'tents' per your other post. How well do they work during play?

This post reminds me I need to take pics of my pimped out set (although not quite as much work/impressiveness as yours)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Rising
Sweden
flag msg tools
The wooden tents are awesome; they have a strangely compelling power over me. I'd love to play around with them in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goose
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent work. I wish my copy looked like that!

Did you consider improving the biome cards? I'd thought of producing new versions, with the background colour more similar to the terrain type: light blue for Marine, Yellow for Desert etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wow" and one more "wow."

I know we have the same game, but yours seems so much more....what's the word....evolved.

Simply an amazing version of a great game. I would pay top dollar for this kind of customization. A real work of art in my humble opinion and thank you for sharing your photos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karoly Szigetvari
Belgium
Nossegem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my God ! [falling off his chair]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Spectacular...In the survival of the fittest, yours wins hands down. Now that American Megafauna is almost out of print, I am considering now how to republish an upgraded version incorporating your ideas. Thanks for the samples you gave me at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byl Kravetz
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i already own this game but i would definately purchase a newer upgraded copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniël Muilwijk
Netherlands
Zeist
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Now that American Megafauna is almost out of print, I am considering now how to republish an upgraded version incorporating your ideas.

That's very nice to hear! The game is on my wishlist for a long time now. Right now the visuals are keeping me off a little, but when there will be an upgraded version, I will definately buy it. Please keep us up to date with your plans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cooper
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
Congratulations! You've found OverText.
badge
Well looky there, more OverText.
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Spectacular...In the survival of the fittest, yours wins hands down. Now that American Megafauna is almost out of print, I am considering now how to republish an upgraded version incorporating your ideas. Thanks for the samples you gave me at Essen.

Thoughthammer.com currently has a Deluxe Edition of American Megafauna listed for Preorder, saying estimated stocking date is December 2010. They also have the publisher listed as Ad Astra Games.

Phil do you know anything about this?

I've always considered grabbing a copy of American Megafauna and the thought of a deluxe edition is enough to help me block the fact from my mind that I would rarely get the game to the table.
But I'm a little confused about this entry since it isn't coming from Sierra Madre.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamás Rábel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice!
I'm going to pimp my megafauna board as well, but I'm thinking on how to get a good quality version.
Did you scan the original a2 board, or is there a place, where it can be downloaded from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Perez
United States
Worland
WY
flag msg tools
badge
[SKEPTICAL SIGHING]
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I just repurchased this game, all because of this thread. Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.