Merkator» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paying time counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you travel to Spain, Italy or Newfoundland, you pay the time counters to the time chart or to the time supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After checking the rules again, I can´t find any clue about it. The closest thing to a clue is in page 2, point 2.3: "The player eventually gets time counters from the time chart or has to pay some." At first I took it as paying to the chart, but after rereading it is by no means conclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan O'Donnell
United Kingdom
Brockenhurst
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 4, the detailed description of the Travel Phase, is what you want. Its version of 2.3 is more explicit: "At other locations, players have to pay Time counters if they travel there. These locations have a - sign next to the hourglass symbol. These counters are returned to the supply."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. It´s clear like the water. I don´t know how I skiped that.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Polomsky
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But which one is the supply? From what I can find the ones you earn come from the time chart, the ones not needed for the game go into the sorting box, and the ones you pay go into the supply?
I am thinking the supply IS the time chart. Any idea on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The supply is the counters in the box, not on the Time Chart. The boxes of cubes are referred to as the "general supply" under the Fulfilling Contracts section of the rules. So, it stands to reason that the box of unused Time Counters is also part of the "general supply" and is specifically the "Time Counter Supply".

Also, common sense would dictate that, since the Time Chart is a measure of how much time has passed in the "game world," one would not be able to add time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.