For the People» Forums » General

Subject: Dicey situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
illinois lewis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yesterday, I picked up a new 2006 edition of GMT's For the People, and before I even start on the rules, I have a question. The back of the box says the game includes one six-sided die. I finally found the game inventory list in the rule book (on page 46 ?!?!) and it states 2 six-sided die come with the game. Well, THIS game came equipped with one ten-sided die.

Is there some sort of variable-die rule that states the number and type of die used depends on what alternate universe the game happens to be in that day? I once played a game that had a Divine Intervention Table. Is it something like that? Makes it had to formulate plans.

Clarification, please, is needed. If the rest of the game is like this, I think I'll dump it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The original game probably came with 1d6 which is why the box states that. You have teh 2006 printing (as do I) which realized 2 dice are more practical so each player can have one. So the rules were updated to reflect that (they forgot the box).

So with you having a 1d10 is simply a mistake. One that can be corrected quite easily by contacting GMT. If you are a gamer, you should have a couple of 6-siders laying around so you can still play the game while you wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If the rest of the game is like this, I think I'll dump it.

I'm sure it was just whomever was packing the games grabbed a handful of d10 instead of d6.

The game requires a single d6, though two differently colored d6 would be nice, as combat requires each player to roll a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't dump it for the wrong die!

The game is way too fun to miss if you have an interest in the period.

If you have any rules questions, post them here and you will get a quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My edition came with 2 dice: one blue and one grey. It is a good idea as I just put both dice in a transparent box and shake it to "roll dice". It is straightforward who gets which die.

Also, don't dump this game for the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb
A transparent box!

That's no good.

That would take away one of the best ways to remove Mac from command of the AOP. By an errant die roll knocking his counter off the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.