Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Black Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Errata sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have submitted this errata sheet to BGG, but it has not been accepted yet. I don't know how long I want to wait, when this really good game really needs clearer rules.

http://lactose.homelinux.net/black.friday.errata.pdf

I believe it summarises everything that is missing, incorrect, or vague in the English RGG rules.

Comments would be appreciated.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah wait. Does that mean English rules are included in the current printing of the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Barbati
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
Ah wait. Does that mean English rules are included in the current printing of the game?

The Rio Grande edition I played in Essen had English rules. The Kosmos edition has German rules only.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Barbati
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
I have submitted this errata sheet to BGG, but it has not been accepted yet. I don't know how long I want to wait, when this really good game really needs clearer rules.

http://lactose.homelinux.net/black.friday.errata.pdf

I believe it summarises everything that is missing, incorrect, or vague in the English RGG rules.

Comments would be appreciated.


You got it wrong. As Friedmann himself wrote here, if only one black suitcase is drawn from the bag it is put back in bag and does not go into the supply.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What is missing:

If only one black suitcase is drawn, put it back into the bag without subtracting it from the other colored suitcases, but silver goes up by one.(This is the most important part of the black suitcases for balancing the game and have the right game length, and, and, and...)

Two or more black suitcases. as in the errata.

Very rare, but sometimes happening(I only have the german rules by now and don't know what is missing in the english rules):

If after drawing from the bag, one color is not in the market, this is going up.

Clarification:
The "Subventionen" (in german, I don't know the english used word. The cards you get the money from, 20 each):

The different nominations are used as money. The limit is not the number of cards, it is the number times 20 of maximum money you can get from the bank. Absolut not per turn!!!


The official errata will be out soon, Rio Grande and Kosmos are working on it.

friedemann


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
:Unrelated: Is this game going to come to the states before the end of 2010?

I hope so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated my errata sheet to version 1.1 with this change.

http://lactose.homelinux.net/black.friday.errata.pdf
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Eric for your errata sheet but I think what I need is a total remake of the English Rules, I bought in Essen the German Edition hoping Rio Grande would post his rulebook somewhere soon but in the end I find myself unable to play this game... Looking forwad to someone who redo the rules in english and make this game playable.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Izzo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Eric.

In your errata sheet you wrote:
Quote:
For the first five stock sales, use the top stock sales table (with one black briefcase). For the next five sales, use the second stock sales table (with two black briefcases). For the next five sales, use the third stock sales table (with three black briefcases). For all future stock sales, reload the second stock sales table with colored suitcases (from the market) and two black suitcases (from the supply).


But Friedemann wrote:
Quote:
Coming (1,2,3,2,2,2...) from the sales chart into the bag.


And RGG rule is:
Quote:
The sales table will be used in order as the current sales table, starting with 1, then 2, and then 3. After that, 2 and 3 will alternate.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Barbati
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZetaZeta wrote:
Thank you Eric.

In your errata sheet you wrote:
Quote:
For the first five stock sales, use the top stock sales table (with one black briefcase). For the next five sales, use the second stock sales table (with two black briefcases). For the next five sales, use the third stock sales table (with three black briefcases). For all future stock sales, reload the second stock sales table with colored suitcases (from the market) and two black suitcases (from the supply).


But Friedemann wrote:
Quote:
Coming (1,2,3,2,2,2...) from the sales chart into the bag.



Apart from the ambiguous phrase "for the Nth five stock sales" (which should read "for the Nth price adjustment due to stock sales"), it seems to me that Eric's and Friedmann's versions are the same. Please notice that in five players the price adjustment occurs after the sixth stock sale (not the fifth).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
V 1.2 has been submitted to BGG.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Izzo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iaanus wrote:
Apart from the ambiguous phrase "for the Nth five stock sales" (which should read "for the Nth price adjustment due to stock sales"), it seems to me that Eric's and Friedmann's versions are the same. Please notice that in five players the price adjustment occurs after the sixth stock sale (not the fifth).

You are right. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Izzo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've another question.

RGG rules state "When the last briefcase of any color is taken from the market, the player moves it's stock marker one space to the right, thus increasing it's value.". Your errata quotes this rule. OK.

Another rule is "If, AFTER A PRICE ADJUSTMENT, there is no briefcase of a color in the market, the player moves the stock marker for that color 1 space UPWARD."



Example.
I buy the last green briefcase from the market. The green stock marker move 1 space to the right.

Price adjustment is triggered and no green briefcase are drawn. The green stock marker move 1 space upward.

Is that right?
Thanks.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither Kosmos nor RGG haven't say nothing about the rules problems... I'm considering not buying more games from them never again. Even the original RGG rulebook is missing in BGG and their website too. So, thank you (ironical), my copy is useless. Soon an entire month will have past and the same situation continues... I think I'll make a tentative rating of 1 to penalize Kosmos and RGG for have leave us, the customers, in this sad situation. Even Friedeman Friese came here to say he was working in a redoing of the rulebook (both german and english), but... no news in two weeks. What poor attention to the customers. This is unforgiving!

On the other hand, I don't understand why nobody, by his own, has made the effor for the rest of the geeks, an errata sheet is welcome but isn't enough, we need a new rulebook... I see that some people have managed to understand how to play this game but the rules still missing. Please can anyone help us?

Sorry for my hard words but this situation have me 50% angry and 50% sad because I still believe this is a good game.

Regards,
Cristian.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bravucon wrote:
Even the original RGG rulebook is missing in BGG and their website too.


Rio never publishes rules online till close to domestic release so you should see them soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
...
badge
...
Avatar
fargus9 wrote:
Rio never publishes rules till close to domestic release so you should see them soon.


Rio Grande published the rules in the game people bought from the Rio Grande stand at Essen. All comments in this thread have been about the official Rio Grande rules that Rio Grande decided to publish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Williams
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:

Rio Grande published the rules in the game people bought from the Rio Grande stand at Essen. All comments in this thread have been about the official Rio Grande rules that Rio Grande decided to publish.


Obviously. I meant online version, the lack of which he complained about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
...
badge
...
Avatar
I don't think Cristian was complaining about the existing rules not being online so much as the absence of any word on when an errata or revised rules will appear.

As for RG's policy towards making rules available online:

Either RG will be putting the existing rules online (which will simply increase the calls for corrections) or they'll have a revised version of the rules which they'll be putting online "just before domestic release".

In the case of Black Friday, many people feel RG should be looking to put revised rules online ASAP rather than delaying until any domestic release date.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Izzo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've buyed RioGrande's version of this game.
I expect an official errata as soon as possible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing my 1 rating on this, yesterday Stefan Stadler geekmailed me to calm me down, he told me that Kosmos and Rio Grande are working in a new rulebook. Let's hope good news. I still think here can be a good game faded in a concatenation of bad explained rules.

After that I deleted my 1 because I'm starting to see the light after all this darkness.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for the errata sheet Eric but there's one rule that puzzles. me. You state that if one has to reload the second Sales Table (due to the existing three being emptied) the colour b/cases are taken from the market. I didn't spot this in my rules. It merely instructed players to 'load the second table again' and I'd assumed they were selected from the bag. Is this a new ruling from the powers that be? It does seem a strange one. And what about if there aren't the necessary b/cases in the market?

(I have to confess I've yet to play the game - trying to get the rules sorted before I submit them to the fangs of the players!)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Barbati
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZetaZeta wrote:
I've buyed RioGrande's version of this game.
I expect an official errata as soon as possible.

Rio Grande Games has published the English rules in pdf format here. They seem to have been corrected (I have German rules, so I cannot be sure, but I couldn't find the obvious mistakes that have been reported).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iaanus wrote:
ZetaZeta wrote:
I've buyed RioGrande's version of this game.
I expect an official errata as soon as possible.

Rio Grande Games has published the English rules in pdf format here. They seem to have been corrected (I have German rules, so I cannot be sure, but I couldn't find the obvious mistakes that have been reported).


I did a quick (but not thorough) check of the PDF, and it appears to have all of the corrections except for the two questions Derek just asked (where do you reload from? what if there aren't enough?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
hymie wrote:

I did a quick (but not thorough) check of the PDF, and it appears to have all of the corrections except for the two questions Derek just asked (where do you reload from? what if there aren't enough?)


Confirmed by German editor:
You reload from the market (only). If there are not enough, refill as much as you can, leave spaces empty that cannot be refilled in a respective colour.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.