Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Mamma Mia!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: After the first scoring you could almost see the lightbulbs coming up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: March 11th, 2005

Game: Mamma Mia

Players: Alexander, Johnny, Samantha, Stephane and Valdir (myself)

Having just finished Alhambra, Yann announced that he would not play the next game because he had to do some research in the club’s RPG books for an upcoming campaign. Therefore we were five again and I proposed to teach them Mamma Mia.

The first round was totally chaotic, they had no idea of what was happening. I told them that this is quite normal, MM is a difficult game to wrap your mind around just by listening to the rules, you really have to play it to get it.

When we finished the ingredient deck for the first time and I went through the scoring of the pizzas then they understood better what was going on. I commented that this title is heralded as a memory game but I disagree. Who can remember all the ingredients that went in and make an informed decision? You would have to be a computer to handle all that information. I play it just on instincts, there is no way I can remember the ingredients that were put during the round...

In the first round we were three with one order done, the other two had zero. Lots of orders went undone. In the second round things went a bit better and more pizzas were made. Sam got ahead, she had three orders done after this second scoring, others had one or two.

In the third round I was able to complete three of my pizzas to tie for five orders with Alexander and Johnny (Samantha and Stephane had only four). In the tie break Alexander won again as he had more ingredients than me and Johnny. Three wins in three games, wow, he was on fire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.