Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: I want features too! BGG is too hard. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Apparently Geeks need features on the Geek. That's why every day there is a new "feature request" thread. Like the one today that suggests A&D give users a feature that saves them from the onorous task of having to personally ignore people and topics.

Well, I want features too! My list is as follows:

1) Everytime I log onto BGG I want it to mix me a scotch and water.

2) I believe it should also dispense a Power Ball ticket every time I add a game, image, session report or review.

3) I also want a feature that tracks CapAp's input and slaps a "Vote Bush" sticker on his screen every time he mentions politics.

4) Another good feature would be Sleestack Heads. We ought to be able to buy one for 100 GG.

5) Since people who don't think exactly like I do piss me off I want to be able to infect their system with a virus everytime they say something I find offensive.

6) I really suck at certain games and I believe BGG ought to provide me with in-home tutoring on the games I'm just too dense to understand and the feature should stick with me until I can compete against the best of them. I'd like to start with ASL and Star Fleet Battles and work my way through every SPI game weighing more than 4 pounds and eventually ending up at Puerto Rico. It's not that I don't "get" PR, I just don't understand why it's so much fun and I blame BGG for that deficiency on my part.

7) It really ticks me off that I don't own every game I desire and BGG is no help. All it does is constantly remind me of what I lack. So I'd like a feature that requires anyone who owns more games than me to immediately send me their copy of Hannibal, Warangel and that really cool looking Formula One game that comes in a tube with big cars.

8) I'd like BGG to provide everyone on BGG with $1 each time Potterama explains something using words known only to Potterama and the people who write dictionaries.

9) Scrib should be required to post regularly or else be flogged in public.

10) The Tom Vasel Feature would require him to fly each of us to Korea so we can paw through his games and confuse his students.

11. I want to know who's ugly and who's not. This feature would require everyone submit a verifiable headshot as an avatar for 3 months and then upload it to a tabbed file for future derisive commentary... if you're particularly unattractive you would be rewarded with both scotch and tequila.

I'm sure I haven't covered everything so have at it. I need to work... hopefully I won't lose control and click on something I know will be offensive when I really should be working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if you're particularly unattractive you would be rewarded with both scotch and tequila.

Shouldn't it be the rest of us that get drinks if you're that ugly? Kinda like not being able to smell yourself, I think it's others that have the problem if I'm ugly.

Come to think of it, I think we need to add a stinkometer. I want to know if you smell. Maybe the self portrait could be scratch'n'sniff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 requests.
1) No new features.

2) No new filters.

Maybe even no new members...until I get up to speed on the changes to date and the new who's who. I'm so far behind the curve navigating the changes since December. I can't find my own collection of nonsense yet.

Ok, just one more request. Three dimensional animated avatars with sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Brian,

I already made that comment as a joke and it was deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Actually just noticed that my comments are contained on this journal thread as it exists under the chit chat section. It was moved and my comments are on the old thread but not on this one.

Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
As Bill Cosby used to say:

"Just listnin' for my name, that's all."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mozbink wrote:
Actually just noticed that my comments are contained on this journal thread as it exists under the chit chat section. It was moved and my comments are on the old thread but not on this one.

Weird.

I'll just have to repost my comment then.

All I want is a sammich cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.