Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm going to learn with the base rules. i understand they're not that good, but is there a most popular or agreed upon variant as a place to start for expanding the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:just got the game, is there a 'best standard variant'?
astroglide (#452682), Just play the game as is until you start to see things you do not like. Then make the changes. Many dislike that a game can be very long. There are many ways to correct that. Use less tiles, custom make your decks, use the fast play rules on the twilight web site.

Take a long look at all the cool variants created at the twilightcreations website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:just got the game, is there a 'best standard variant'?
astroglide (#452682),

It depends on what you want. If you want a shorter game with more strategy, try the QuickPlay Rules or the QuickerPlay Rules. If you want to get into tweaking the game, head to the ZombiesBG Yahoo Group and check out the files and database sections for variants. There are tons of them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
robartin wrote:
astroglide (#452682),

It depends on what you want. If you want a shorter game with more strategy, try the QuickPlay Rules or the QuickerPlay Rules. If you want to get into tweaking the game, head to the ZombiesBG Yahoo Group and check out the files and database sections for variants. There are tons of them there.

BAH!! I'm not a fan of Yahoo groups care to post the varients in the varient section here for us lazy fools robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silverdragon
United States
Unspecified
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a variety of variants posted on the twilight website. Try there first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Quickplay rules are great. They remove a few tiles from the deck, making the helipad come up more quickly. Also, some of the "take that" cards are removed from the deck, and these type of cards are what make the endgame drag on for so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr X
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
I personally like my variants (who knew?).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/868394#868394

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.