United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:expansions in english?
Given that Uberplay seems to be giving up its relationship with Queen Games, I suspect that this is very unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
art cohen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shannona (#452808),

Do you have any more information on this? Are all the Queen/Uberplay games going to go out of print?

Are the German expansions "playable" with the English set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Appelcline
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any more information on this? Are all the Queen/Uberplay games going to go out of print?

It certainly looks like they're trying to clear them out, given that their prices all got dropped through the floor late last year. They do still remain at Uberplay's web site, however, so it doesn't look like there's much concern about them immediately turning into a pumpkin.

gamefest.com still has them at rock bottom prices: $20 for Alhambra and Metro, $11 for Industria. I'd suggest getting them if you want them.

Are the German expansions "playable" with the English set?

Mostly. The cards have different backs, so you can know when an expansion card is coming up; not a huge deal. The tiles have different backs, but they're coming out of a bag, so it doesn't matter at all. I think the biggest concern is actually the German text on the character cards in the 2nd expansion. Expansion #1 didn't have any notable German text, I'm not sure about #3.

I've got a review of Alhambra Expansion #1 scheduled for RPGnet this Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
shannona (#453397), Speaking of Alhambra, has anyone played the Garden of Alhambra? I realize it's a stand alone game(based on Carat) but is it any good? Will likely purchase this one at some point this Spring/Summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shannona wrote:
Given that Uberplay seems to be giving up its relationship with Queen Games, I suspect that this is very unlikely.

Actually it might be in english with the help of RioGrande Games. According to gamefest they are going to pick up many Queen's games in the near future including Alhambra etc. so you can wait for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.T. Kauffman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with Jay Tummelson of RGG at the GAMA Trade Show and he confirmed that they would be releasing Alhambra and the Alhambra expansions sometime in the near future (along with Metro and some of the other Queen games). It appears that they had closed the deal while at GAMA, since the first day there were no Queen games in the Rio Grande booth, and the second day before the floor opened I walked past and saw him integrating Alhambra, Metro, and the first two Alhambra expansions into the rest of the RGG booth.

jt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.