Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played this game with five other members of LIBO, the Long Island Boardgaming Organization, Chris, John, Andrew, Joe and Debbie. Success in this "Take that!" style card game boils down largely to being able to form effective alliances and use your card as efficiently as possible. I did neither very well. In the game, both "Beat up on the loser" and "Screw the leader" tactics were in use at one time or another. John fell victim to a few early attacks and wa eliminated first (I personally avoided attacking John because if he defended my contracts I wouldn't have had an opportunity to play a card until the play cam all the way around the table). I thus concentrated my attacks on my right hand neighbors Debbie, Andrew and Chris. I tried to form an alliance of sorts with Andrew but it was all ver for me at that point as I already had a number of gangsters eliminated and the others were trying to capitalize on my weakness. I foolishly played the only defensive card I drew all game (Substitution) before a mob war had even occurred and thus burned my only chance to have any control over my exit from the game (it wouldn't have mattered much anyway). Andrew tried to coordinate an attack on Joe who was then leading but was killed. Chris was next in line as he had lost some gangsters earlier. At the end it was left to a fight between Joe and Debbie with Joe having an advantage of one extra gangster. It wasn't enough, however, as Debbie played an Ambush card, killing both of Joe's gangsters in one fell swoop and ending the game with one surviving gangster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.