Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a minor general is in possession of Olympias does her legitamacy count? The rules could be read both ways (since she doesn't actually marry anybody). Ideas? A better quote than we could find?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rule Question: Olympias
nickjost (#453241),
And 'lo I was greeted with silence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickjost (#460088),
Section 9.2 under Minor Generals states that "Minor generals may not be the bearers of legitimacy awards or penalties, but they may benefit from their faction's legitimacy." Section 23.2 lists Royal Family under the Sources of legitimacy awards. Therefore my interpretation would be that only the Major Generals could possess a royal family memeber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavedog_pdx (#460982),
That's what we eventually agreed on, but Olympias gave us pause since she doesn't convery legitamacy in the same way as the other women. That is, she doesn't marry anyone. At least we have some consensus though...that's good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jost
United States
GIlroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickjost (#453241),

I am overturned. John Firer responded to a personal mail on the subject that I'll show in abridged form here:
"In short, yes the LPs are with the faction no matter who is stacked with her. She functions the same as the two marriageable women except you don't have to be physically stacked with her with a general to activate her for LPs. Just play the card (except if Antipater's faction), place an MG with her (4CUs under certain conditions), and record the 3LPs for your faction."

Olympias is thefore an exception. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.