Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
For those unaware, Dungeon Twister is a cool looking strategic dungeon romp released only in france, but imported to Quebec Canada by Le Valet d'Coeur, a french canadian FLGS. I just recieved my copy today, and was chagrined to discover one of the sheets of cardstock had been damaged, presumably in printing.

Visually it is similar to if the sheet had been bent - a rippled, distorted surface on one side. But only one side, so obviously it wasn't bent. If anyone really wants to know more about the specifics I can break out the digital camera.

I'm a little stuck on what to do with this, what with the manufacturer being on the other side of the Atlantic. I've emailed the store for advice.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a lawyer and I live in a different country but over here the way it works is that your contract is with the store not the manufacturer so it is up to the store to replace your item.

I purchased a copy of Dungeon Twister myself from Le Valet and found the customer service to be very good. I'm sure they will sort you out.

Just let them know what has happened and ask what you need to do to get the part replaced. They might want the whole game back or perhaps just the damaged bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Do FLGS get to pass the expense of damaged copies back to the distributor?

I could make this work if I had to, I'd say the problem is 80% cosmetic (people might get weebly on the bumpy bits), and I'm not keen on sticking a FLGS the very first time I've ordered from them - especially one that has gone out of their way to bring this game to North America.

Look! I'm practicing to be a sheep! Baaaaaa! sheepsheepsheep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacting the company is good. I'd bet they take care of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they'll just return the product back to the manufacturer or distributor and get a credit.

You won't be 'sticking it' to them. Probably the last thing they want is someone out there with an imperfect game since that may turn off potential customers that you play the game with or show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Merillon
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I cannot speak for them, but knowing how Asmodee deal with such problems in France, they are likely to help you.
I would be surprised if you had to return something to the shop. After all, we are talking about small pieces of cardstock, not valuable hardware. You would better send Asmodee an email, describing your problem and giving your address. You will get a quick answer, and they might well decide to simply mail you replacement bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have contacted Asmodee before (the bases for the character cards were too small and I had read they would supply new ones for free....and they did gladly). Asmodee is wonderful. Just go to the french home page and use the link to contact them. I am positive that they will do right by you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Eddie,

I'm the Sales Manager for the US office of Asmodee Editions.
If you send me a picture of the damaged pieces to stephan@asmodee-us.com, I will make sure we send you a replacement sheet from France.

On another note, we are proud to announce the translation of Dungeon Twister, to answer the multiple customers'requests. The game should be available in English in August.

Cordially,

Stephan Brissaud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SentientGolem wrote:
Dear Eddie,

I'm the Sales Manager for the US office of Asmodee Editions.
If you send me a picture of the damaged pieces to stephan@asmodee-us.com, I will make sure we send you a replacement sheet from France.

On another note, we are proud to announce the translation of Dungeon Twister, to answer the multiple customers'requests. The game should be available in English in August.

Cordially,

Stephan Brissaud

YES!!! Thank you!

Made my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Hoody Hoo! I was hoping this one would be released in English

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.