Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Fralish
United States
Putnam Valley
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the customer service email I received this morning...

"I apologize for the frustration this caused but I do have good news for you. We are going to receive corrected-straight replacement tiles that we can send to you once we receive them in. I have already placed an order to send you some of these tiles when they arrive. I do not have a time frame as of right now but we will send them out to you as soon as we can."

Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fralim wrote:
Per the customer service email I received this morning...

"I apologize for the frustration this caused but I do have good news for you. We are going to receive corrected-straight replacement tiles that we can send to you once we receive them in. I have already placed an order to send you some of these tiles when they arrive. I do not have a time frame as of right now but we will send them out to you as soon as we can."

Yay!
???! Woo, i can buy this game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Johnston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about those who have already asked for replacements weeks ago?

I hope they are waiting to send everyone the corrected tiles, and not just the same ones we got in the first place. I emailed them a week or two ago and my response was much different than the one you got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
davidj8580 wrote:
What about those who have already asked for replacements weeks ago?

I hope they are waiting to send everyone the corrected tiles, and not just the same ones we got in the first place. I emailed them a week or two ago and my response was much different than the one you got.
same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they going to set up some kind of claim system or only shell out when they need to?

Should I just send a complaint to customer service?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
xjohncandyx wrote:
Are they going to set up some kind of claim system or only shell out when they need to?

Should I just send a complaint to customer service?
Same questions I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And hopefully its not just US customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my replacement tiles yesterday, and they're the same thin cardboard that the original ones were.

Hopefully, I can get the thicker ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed customer service via the form on their website this morning, and this evening I got this response:

Quote:
I have placed an order for your replacement product and you should receive it within 7 to 10 business days. If you are an international customer, it may take up to 15 business days depending on your location. We really appreciate your patience in this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would gluing two tiles together possibly work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Pierce
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the response I received within 24 hours of notifying of the leaning tower of room tiles:

"I have placed an order for your replacement product; however, there will be a delay of shipment as a new set of straight sheets (tiles) are being printed. It may take up to 8 weeks, but expect them sooner.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we resolve this matter,
We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Johnston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brichs wrote:
I mailed customer service via the form on their website this morning, and this evening I got this response:

Quote:
I have placed an order for your replacement product and you should receive it within 7 to 10 business days. If you are an international customer, it may take up to 15 business days depending on your location. We really appreciate your patience in this matter.
That's the same response I got, on October 25th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: In love with my spouseMicrobadge: Merry ChristmasMicrobadge: I sneak board games into the house - Ho ho ho!!!Microbadge: Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!
They told me weeks ago that they would send me replacements but haven't yet. I hope this is the reason why! I will be thrilled if they new replacements are of thicker stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So i e-mailed them again today and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Wizards of the Coast! I have checked our replacement records and it looks like we are holding onto your order until we receive the new tiles that do not have the warping issue. As soon as we receive the tiles we will get them shipped out to you."

Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nunemaker
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what they are saying now...
"I have placed an order for your replacement product and you should receive it within 3 to 5 weeks. If you are an international customer, it may take up to 8 weeks depending on your location.

We really appreciate your patience in this matter."

Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I expect the replacement tiles will be the same thickness as the current ones. As long as the warping issue is resolved, however, I don't think this thickness is too bad.

Also, I have a hunch about the black plastic tray liner. I would advise people with warped tiles to get rid of that (or at least set it aside for a couple weeks and see what happens.) See this other thread regarding that discussion: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/582896/great-news-about-warp....

I honestly have no idea if static electricity can cause this kind of warping, but I could believe it's true. I imagine it would suck to get fixed replacements only to have them warp again due to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest info...I asked about a timeframe, and whether the character sheets would be replaced also.

Quote:
We don't have a timeframe for when we will receive the shipment of improved tiles, however I show that your order has been placed to replace all the tiles for Betrayal at House on the Hill. As soon as we receive the shipment your order will be given a priority to be shipped right away. Thank you again for your patience in this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for providing that information. Currently, we are awaiting a new shipment of "improved" pieces that should not warp. We don't have a timeframe for when we will receive the shipment of improved tiles, however your replacement pieces order has been placed and as soon as we receive the shipment your order will be given a priority to be shipped right away.

Standard answers for everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the same response I'm just glad they are doing something about it - waiting is no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do I have a feeling they're just going to send out a new packet of the same tiles, and they will continue to warp? I'm going to wait until after some of you have received your replacement tiles to complain and see if the warping was fixed...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
shnar wrote:
Why do I have a feeling they're just going to send out a new packet of the same tiles, and they will continue to warp? I'm going to wait until after some of you have received your replacement tiles to complain and see if the warping was fixed...
One theory was that the tiles warped because they were packed in a wet/humid environment. If that's so, they could fix the packing conditions without changing the actual tile size/construction and it might still fix the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading this and other threads i checked my opened-but-yet-unplayed copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill and indeed noticed some severe warping.

Encouraged by some posts here, I contact WotC customer service. I got an answer less than an hour later asking me for some minor additional information and when i answered to this message, i got another email again less than an hour later to confirm that the replacement order had been placed and to expect the tiles replacements to be shipped as soon as they get them.

I got a shipping estimate of 8 weeks but i believe it is their standard for international transit. Being in Canada, i expect shipping to be a wee bit shorter hopefully.

Along with FFG this was probably the easiest and shortest replacement request i ever had to deal with. I don't agree with everything WotC does but in that case customer service was top notch, clear, short, polite and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Johnston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had placed my complaint on October 25th. I recently sent them two follow up emails just to see what the status of my order is. They said they're waiting until they get the new, improved tiles before they send mine out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nies
United States
Keizer
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem, similar responses from WotC. I have to say I had super fast response time. I wrote the email around 1:30 a.m. and received an email around 8:30 a.m. A couple of follow-up emails with contact information and so on, and they will be replacing the tiles. Great service. I have to wonder though, this has to be an incredible expense and loss for the company - unless the printer is fessing up on some sort of die/drying mistake and WotC is not out. One wonders what the impact of such a error will have. Considering how popular Betrayal is and the length of time a reprint took, I wonder if there was a collective hand to the forhead moment at WotC when they relized they had to replace everyones' tiles...

Food for thought.

Also too, it's one thing that this happens to a 'larger' company like WotC/Hasbro, but if it happened to a small start-up trying to get their first game off the ground - it would spell disaster. I wonder what sort of impact this will have (if any) on their desire to do reprints of games or even new ones for that matter. I.E. expect delays with release dates on upcoming projects, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, some Hasbro exec is saying, "See I told you reprinting that dumb game was a bad idea. I don't care how much they were going for on eBay, we're not making any money on this..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |