Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Peterborough (or surrounding area) interested in meeting on a semi-regular basis for board games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
What do you call surrounding area? I'm in Hitchin Herts. PM me if your interested (though I can't do anything for the next month or so).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon_1066 wrote:
What do you call surrounding area? I'm in Hitchin Herts. PM me if your interested (though I can't do anything for the next month or so).

Good question. Hitchin is a bit further than I was thinking, but may drop you a line anyway - it's only an hour and a bit down the A1.

Generally speaking, I am talking Peterborough, Sleaford, Stamford, Kettering, Huntingdon, and all places between. Also Cambridge and Boston, for although they are a little further afield, I frequent those places anyway.

Ideally, it would be good to meet people who are as happy to travel as I am, so we can all take turns to host. However, if this isn't practical, I don't mind driving.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ramsey
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a couple more miles south, in sunny Stevenage. Any chance of forming a Hertfordshire group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do go for something in the Hertford area, keep me posted.

In the absence of anything taking off here, I might still be interested, depending on when you decided to play - it would probably be too long a round trip for weekday evenings, but a Saturday or Sunday game session would definitely be worth the drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barrett
United Kingdom
St Neots
cambs
flag msg tools
mb
I Live in buckden, much closer for you. In St Neots there is a games shop which has a regular Wednesday night meet and also I go to Monthly game day in Cambridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner and I live in Peterborough and are avid gamers and would be interested in getting together on a 2-3 weekly basis.

What is the name of this games shop in St Neots? What kind of games does it stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

As you know I'm in P'boro. I'm up for making the odd appearance but I do not drive so I am usually limited in where I can get to. However in the nice weather I am willing to cycle a reasonable distance (as far as you anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
My partner and I live in Peterborough and are avid gamers and would be interested in getting together on a 2-3 weekly basis.

What is the name of this games shop in St Neots? What kind of games does it stock?

Mark.

I found this link after a quick search on Games in St Neots...

https://www.gamers.uk.net/default.asp

Maybe it's the one referred to.

Chris__M wrote:
Anyone in Peterborough (or surrounding area) interested in meeting on a semi-regular basis for board games?

Chris.

I'm in Market Harborough (45 min drive)- check out my profile of games owned or drop me a line and I'll happily give you an idea of my gaming interests.
Happy to travel provided it doesn't clash with Family commitments &/or my Weekly gaming at the Leicester Wargames Society (Tuesday nights).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark

We corresponded briefly about gaming last December, but January/February is always a washout for me, due to annual birthdays/events. Was going to get get back in touch with you by email, but was pleased to see you are here.

Andy

You're welcome to cycle over, if weather is good, but I am also quite happy to either drive into Peterborough; or if folk end up meeting here, come over and collect you (and drop you off after); or if elsewhere in Peterborough, or further afield, give you a lift.

Anyway, it is beginning to look promising, with four of us in Peterborough, and possibly a couple of others I am talking to off the geek.

Suggest we meet up sometime soon - I am happy to have people over here (in Market Deeping), or meet in Peterborough itself (either a pub, cafe, or one of your places). We can then chat about what games we like, and what next to do. It seems we now have enough for some local gaming, and if people fancy an occassional trip to St Neots/Cambridge/elsewhere, I am happy to drive.

We can discuss suitable times here, or if folk prefer, message me privately.

Subject to any last-minute work-related trips, I'm currently available any evening for the next couple of weeks, or at weekends.

Chris

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barrett
United Kingdom
St Neots
cambs
flag msg tools
mb
#
Quote:

Sells all most gamer items, German games, war games, rpg and ccg. I go to a regular Wednesday night gaming session runs 5 to 10 but most of us do not turn up until 7. Its getting quite busy so us board gamers are probably going to start playing at a suitable local pub after meeting in shop.

I think your link is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris/ Andy

Have corresponded with you both about Peterborough gaming. We're also happy to host or travel. Got a good deal of games now and a dedicated gaming room!! Also free pretty much any night (except Thu) for the next couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:

Have corresponded with you both about Peterborough gaming. We're also happy to host or travel. Got a good deal of games now and a dedicated gaming room!! Also free pretty much any night (except Thu) for the next couple of weeks.

Sounds good. Suggest that for initial meet, we accept your offer to host, as you and Andy are both in Peterborough. I will be more than happy to share hosting later.

So I guess it's now just up to Andy to come up with a preferred day, and we're up and running.

Looks like you have a good selection of games, and I'll be happy to play practically anything there. In particular, would be interested to try Ticket To Ride, and perhaps compare/contrast with Union Pacific, which is the railroad game I own. I'd also be interested in looking at Power Grid, sometime. This was on my list of games to possibly buy, but you didn't see to enthuse too much about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we may be getting somewhere then....

I would love to play Union Pacific. I would also be happy to play Powergrid with more players to see if it makes for a better game. It just seems to lack something for two players.

And Tony and I would play Ticket to Ride until the cows come home!!!

Over to Andy then, to come up with a date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add for the benefit of those that have showed interest in this thread from further affield that I did not want to deliberately exclude you from my invitation to host gaming sessions. I can accomodate up to 6 reasonably comfortably.

I would rather stick to the Peterborough area with regards to myself and Tony traveling to reciprocal sessions though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can make most times apart from Wednesday and Friday evenings - as Mark has offered to host I will let him suggest the date and time.

I would like to give T2R a go as well - I am considering it as a Christmas pressie (as a family game) and I haven't played it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I will talk to Tony after work and come up with a date/ time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Barrett
United Kingdom
St Neots
cambs
flag msg tools
mb
Is this me or another Tony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazzer52 wrote:
Is this me or another Tony?

Another Tony, I think. Though if you want to come up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mazumdar
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris__M wrote:
Also Cambridge and Boston, for although they are a little further afield, I frequent those places anyway.

Have you checked http://www.gamesincambridge.co.uk/ ? Although some of the events are a little out of date, the contact addresses are still correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Bilcliff
United Kingdom
Wisbech
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I live near Wisbech, so I'm not too far from Peterborough. Due to work commitments and relocation, I haven't been actively playing board games for a few years now but would quite like to get back into it if possible.

A enjoy a range of games - business games like eg Acquire & Executive Decision, sports-based games like Speed Circuit, Regatta, Ballon Rennen, cycling games, various German board games, civilisation type games like (err)...Civilisation, History of The World, railway games like 1825, plus many others. Always willing to try something new, although I'm not too keen on hex-map type war gaming.

I was also heavily into Magic The Gathering for quite a while from it's beginnings, but stopped collecting and playing about 8 years ago.

As I tend to be working away from home during the week, I would probably be restricted to weekends only. If you are interested, let me know what sort of games you like to play and we'll see if we can get together sometime.

Clive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Clive

cbilcliff wrote:
As I tend to be working away from home during the week, I would probably be restricted to weekends only. If you are interested, let me know what sort of games you like to play and we'll see if we can get together sometime.
Clive

I'm not trying to preempt Mark, who was going to suggest a convenient date/time for us to go round his place for a "first meet", but I'm just noting that the following days appear to be already ruled out:

Wednesday (Andy can't make it)
Thursday (Mark can't make it)
Friday (Andy can't make it)

Which leaves Monday/Tuesday or the weekend.

My personal preference is for the weekend - although I normally work from home, and can make most weekday evenings, my job takes me away sometimes on short notice, and sod's law will mean that I am asked to travel on the day of the board game meet - this is what keeps happening to me with regard to the bi-monthly sf fan meet in Peterborough.

Weekends also makes life easier for anyone who is coming from a little further afield.

However, I do know that some folk like to keep their weekends free - although it's not as if we are going to be meeting every week.

Let's see what Mark comes up with, in the first instance, and work from there. A possibility would be to have a session once a month on a weekday evening, and once a month on a Saturday or Sunday - that way people can choose to go to one, the other or both.

But as usual, I'm running before we've even taken the first step.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry it's been so long. We're going to have to cancel our offer to host, at least for now. We have squirrels living in the loft space above the games room and lovely as this may sound it is really quite distracting!

Until we have caught them (and the traps have been there for a week with no luck) we can't really have guests.

Sorry!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Barnard
United Kingdom
Leeds
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
All aboard the 'B' Ark! Priority boarding for bankers and HR staff!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris M and other flatlanders,
Just noticed this thread. I'm in Holbeach (30 minutes to P'boro, 10 to Spalding) but only during weekends (late Friday to early Tuesday) at the moment. Should you want more players for an occasional weekend game I'd be more than happy to make up the numbers if available.
Chris B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
Sorry it's been so long. We're going to have to cancel our offer to host, at least for now. We have squirrels living in the loft space above the games room and lovely as this may sound it is really quite distracting!

Until we have caught them (and the traps have been there for a week with no luck) we can't really have guests.

Not a problem. I guess I'll step up to the plate, instead.

Who would be interested in a session at my place in Market Deeping, sometime next weekend? Let me know which you would prefer, and we'll see if there is a consensus.

a) Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday?

b) Afternoon or Evening?

My personal preference would be for either Sunday or Monday afternoon, but I am flexible.

My dining room can seat 6 without problems, or 8 at a squeeze.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.