Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
A GameAholic Contacts Her Sponsor*

GA--P, you gotta help me; I don't feel the urge to play.

S--O.k., L, take a deep breath. I'm here for you; we'll get through this together.
Now, remember what it was like when you were gaming; the thrill of the hunt, the need to find that perfect game to fill the empty space in your collection.

GA--Yes...reading reviews and comments, looking at the pictures, even downloading the rules if they were there. No, this isn't helping; I still feel down, man. I'm suffering here! I got the LT's**.

S--Hang on, you can do this. Picture what it felt like waiting for Brown to deliver. Then holding that new, shrink-wrapped game. Remember lifting the lid and seeing all those great bits and unpunched pieces.

GA--That's a great feeling, that anticipation. And the smell of a new game.
But I just don't have the thirst for a new game. Everything seems flat. The world seems flat and lifeless. I'm just gonna play a video game, or maybe watch some reality t.v.

S--NO! Hold on, you can do this!
Let's just concentrate on the here and now, one hour at a time. How about a solitaire game of Blokus? Or set up a scenario of Memoir '44? Just set it up, feel the pieces. Soon you'll be planning a strategy.

GA--Memoir '44. Yeah, that sounds good.
Do you think Age of Napoleon would be something I'd like? I should read some reviews and comments on it.

*The letters have been changed to protect the innocent.
**LudoTremens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one, thanks for sharing BUT there's nothing in here about going down to the FLGS to drool at the pretty boxes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was thinking you were looking for a way to stop. That thought scared me... I don't want to stop. I won't stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.