Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Giaquinto
United States
Norwood
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to start a gaming group in Delco (10 minutes south of Philadelphia) but I'm having trouble finiding a location to hold meeting/gaming nights. Any suggestions? Any volunteers?

~Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big C
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm a member of the Philadelphia area boardgamers on meetup.com, and they meet at the Valley Forge Brewing Company, which is a few minutes south of King of Prussia , west of Philly (not exactly Delco, but nearby...)

If that's not too far out of range, it's a great spot because it has a really long table perfect for playing games on. Plenty of space.

I have some friends in Upper Darby, I'll ask them if they know of any good spots.

BTW I'm interested in gaming if you get something going...

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wagner
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
There are several good groups in your area. The first one you should check out is www.epgs.org. They meet twice a month at the Oxford Valley Mall, about 45 minutes from you. Usually there are at least 40-50 people there and the hours are 10 am to 9pm. Its a very good group with a wide range of players.

Another good group is www.gamesclubofmd.org. I am not a member of this group, but I know there are a lot of good players there. They have several different sites and one of them may be close to you. Both GCOM and EPGS are well organized and have small dues fees. (EPGS is $5! for the YEAR!)

If you work in Philly, there is a group called Penn Gamers that meets at the UPenn campus on Wednesday nights. Their site is http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~pgamers/. This group is mostly Penn students, alumni and faculty that tend to play lighter, faster games.

There is another group in South Jersey that usually meets the third Friday of every month at someone's house. Its a great group that my dad and I have been playing in since I was 10. The guy who runs it, Tom DeMarco, also runs game weekends at his house occasionally. I don't know if he wants his email here, so contact me at loquutus@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you.

I'm interested in playing games just about anytime, so drop me a line. The only problem is that I live in South Philly and don't have a car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where were you when I used to live in Prospect Park!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Like jason said, there is penngamers (smaller group meets every Wed on Penn campus) or EPGS, big group, meets 2 times a month at Oxford valley. EPGS is a bit of a hassal to get to you don't have a car or don't like to drive for 45-1 hour). By the way i am in Lansdowne, PA (5 min from 69th street terminal, upper darby), where are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom:

Most of us who live in Delaware Co. have dreamed of a DelCo gaming club, but finding a place to meet is difficult indeed. Besides, with Penn Gamers meeting every Wed., and with EPGS twice a month, why compete? Also, there's a group called P.A.G.E. who meet in Center City (on Rittenhouse Square) on Sundays: I can't remember all the details. And there's always the regular sessions at my house!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wagner
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
P.A.G.E. is good if you like RPGs. I contacted the guy who runs it to ask him what boardgames they play. He basically told me to go to EPGS. You must also pay dues every meeting you attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Giaquinto
United States
Norwood
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently writing up a proposal to start a "club" in the Delco area. Currently there would have to be a dues fee to cover the expenses of using the spaces I have looked at. I live in the Norwood/Prospect Park area. As soon as I have more information I will post it here!

~Tom

PS - I'm probably going to have a game night Next weekend (March 26th) if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.