Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While perusing an article on fantasy flight games due out later this year I saw this picture:

"http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=2712&orderby=titleA"

Is it possible that FFG is reprinting Fury?

I would love to be able to play this gem without using my old dog-eared copy (heroic leap card is ripped, great strength chit missing, 1 holy water chit had water spilled on it and is warped, etc.).

Any news on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Fantasy Flight reprinting Fury of Dracula?
"We are, in fact, re-releasing Fury of Dracula. It's scheduled to be released this winter."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Armadi (#454405),

I had heard that it was going to be reprinted and hoped that FFG would be the company to do it. This is very exciting news and I'm sure they will do an excellent job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the box cover art for Fury of Dracula.

http://www.gamefest.com/news/feature_detail/2267_0_3_0_C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan (#454700),

I'm a bit worried about the Fury of Dracula blurb in the link submitted above.

It states:

"Next up will be Fury of Dracula which is a new version of the classic game. In this game, player[s] play vampire hunters from Bram Stoker's novel while another player plays the count. This is a partially cooperative game and it['s] to be available in December 2005."

I find "new version" somewhat disturbing. A change could be refreshing but this game is quite good as is (my favorite game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balance Craver
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I would LOVE to see the game reworked, cleaning up all the charts and reference sheets, and shortening it a bit. That would be great!!! ....except....if it's done by FFG, then we can be pretty sure that the balance will be completely off, and the work of making the game playable will unfortunately be on our shoulders (unless they get their act together REAL soon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
A game for 2-4 players? A minimum of 3 as standard in ye olde version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BalanceCraver wrote:
I would LOVE to see the game reworked, cleaning up all the charts and reference sheets, and shortening it a bit.

I got my hands on a print copy of FFG's upcoming catalog. It included Fury of Dracula and stated 2-3 hours playing time. Sounds like they probably haven't changed much, at least in terms of game length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod (#462640),

Come on Rob, you should know your GW games. TFoD has always been a 2-4 player game (unles you play the Madam Harker/Jonathan Harker variants). 1 player plays the count, and the rest of the players play the hunters. With two players you would just control all three hunters.

Lars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.