Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Andrews
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
Autumn suggested we play Hero's Incorporated after school. We had nothing to do while I cooked dinner, so Nick and Autumn set up the game while I readied dinner for the stove.

We've been playing this game often lately. Although it is chaotic and the moves are fairly obvious...not to mention the HUGE roll that the dice play AND the uneven nature of the characters AND the leader bashing that starts from turn number one, the theme is VERY strong and the game is lots of fun. This title didn't come out at all when we first got the game (maybe twice in the first six months), but it's been out three times in the past two weeks.

Autumn took the early lead with her heros as Nick laid a card that powered down my people and took all my action points for the turn except one. Nick couldn't keep up because of bad die rolls (they persisted the entire game). Autumn quickly had two Combat +1 tokens on both of her heroes and the game was history. Although Nick and I fought valiantly to catch up, there was nothing we could do.

The more I play the game, the more I think about it. I especially like the role of the different characters, and I think a good portion of the fun in this title is trying out the different abilities of the heroes. This time I had Andros and Pyre. Andros can fly (move diagonally) and starts with a +1 combat, making him strong and agile. Pyre can fly and blast fire from the next block, giving her even better range.

A very fun game that we can easily recommend. I think there is an expansion out, but I'm not sure we'll buy it. We like the game "as is."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.