Popular Tags: getarope [+] [View All]
Maggie Ferrill
United States
oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like so much fun. Wish I had time for this. Yay for werewolves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I were looking to mod a game, where can I go to learn more about Cassie? I'm afraid if I "create new" in Cassie to just test one, it will screw up the signup area in Cassandra. What would be the best way to go about learning to mod?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mylittlepwny wrote:
So if I were looking to mod a game, where can I go to learn more about Cassie? I'm afraid if I "create new" in Cassie to just test one, it will screw up the signup area in Cassandra. What would be the best way to go about learning to mod?

Get a mod buddy to teach you the ropes of how to use Cassie. GM someone you would like to work with and either you set up the game with both of you as mods, or ask them to set it up for you. Then you can see behind the curtain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hoffpauir
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help me get signed up with Cassandra? Im not having any luck with these PMs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starsaver wrote:
Can anyone help me get signed up with Cassandra? Im not having any luck with these PMs.

That is strange... what is the problem. You have a cassy account, and should have been PM'd a temporary password.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a question for the etiquette category. Would I be looked down on for joining a few games at the same time? I don't want to feel like I'm taking the place of others, so if it's looked at that way I'll try to refrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nephini wrote:
I have a question for the etiquette category. Would I be looked down on for joining a few games at the same time? I don't want to feel like I'm taking the place of others, so if it's looked at that way I'll try to refrain

Nope, feel free!

I think the only (gentle) admonition we give is that if you join multiple games use your own judgment that you can handle it because participation is what makes the games fun.

Welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiki Werewolf Dictionary on BGG, from the last one, updated to what I believe to be current lingo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katy B
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for this. It sounds awesome. I'm going to head over to read some past games so I can jump into my first game in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad L
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I play a lot at tivocommunity site, so reading the mechism differences here to possibly join soon! Love me some werewolf/deduction games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cl8855 wrote:
I play a lot at tivocommunity site, so reading the mechism differences here to possibly join soon! Love me some werewolf/deduction games!
Welcome!
If you do decide to join, I have a newbie game in signup: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #38) - Finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad L
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
cl8855 wrote:
Welcome!
If you do decide to join, I have a newbie game in signup: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #38) - Finished.

thanks, but I'm at geekway2west con thurs-sun! yay! so i'll look for a game next week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilibalds
msg tools
Hey guys, I'm new here.

A little while ago I discovered the awesome Werewolf game and I'm addicted. So, scouring the web for more games I came across this forum and registered.

However, the forum layout is new to me and I'm a bit lost (I have no idea what's going on basically). I'm pretty familiar with the classical version of Werewolf by now and can easily learn new versions and roles as well as the house rules.

What I would really appreciate is if someone pointed me in the right direction when it comes to upcoming/ongoing games and stuff like that. How many games do you usually have on the go and how often do new ones start?

Thank you for your help and I promise to be as little as nuisance as I can possibly manage in the future.

Cheers,
Vili
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

Our most common game for new people is this 11 player format: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #40) - Finished.

You can see how the last one went: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #39) - Finished!

Do you already have a Cassandra Project account?

If not, you need to ask
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
or
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for one, I think.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vilibalds wrote:
How many games do you usually have on the go and how often do new ones start?
Forgot to answer this. We usually have around 4 to 6 games going at the same time. Sometimes more, sometimes less, it depends on the people that are around, and how many games moderators put up.
There's usually a new game starting every week, two weeks.

The Newbie Friendly games, previously called "Hi, I want to play werewolf online", are usually always running, and there's one for signup as soon as the previous one finishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be important to know what time you can be most active on the forums. Usually the time that there's more action is one hour before dusk(lynch time), up till dawn(the nightkill, views, and other special actions). It's not impossible to play games where you can't be around for dusk, but it's harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vilibalds wrote:
Hey guys, I'm new here.

A little while ago I discovered the awesome Werewolf game and I'm addicted. So, scouring the web for more games I came across this forum and registered.

However, the forum layout is new to me and I'm a bit lost (I have no idea what's going on basically). I'm pretty familiar with the classical version of Werewolf by now and can easily learn new versions and roles as well as the house rules.

What I would really appreciate is if someone pointed me in the right direction when it comes to upcoming/ongoing games and stuff like that. How many games do you usually have on the go and how often do new ones start?

Thank you for your help and I promise to be as little as nuisance as I can possibly manage in the future.

Cheers,
Vili

In order to message someone, click on the letter above their avatars and it will open up a message window that you can type in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilibalds
msg tools
Cheers for the help guys!

I've never seen the Cassandra project, I'll see if I can get one of those two people help me register. Previously I've played with just a QT and manual vote counting, so this is taking it up a notch

I live in Europe, CET, so that's sort of my timeframe. Are things here mostly based in US times?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vilibalds wrote:
Cheers for the help guys!

I've never seen the Cassandra project, I'll see if I can get one of those two people help me register. Previously I've played with just a QT and manual vote counting, so this is taking it up a notch

I live in Europe, CET, so that's sort of my timeframe. Are things here mostly based in US times?
This is the Cassandra Project: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/

Well, the main face. It's a site and software that assists playing werewolf here on BGG. Unless you're into software, you don't need to know much about it to play. It provides automatic vote counting for the mods, and chatrooms between mod and players, and for roles that can chat, like wolves.

As for the timeframe, most games work with US times, yes. We go by BGG time, which is basically CDT: http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/n...
I think it's 8 hours later than BGG time, but check the link to be sure.

I'm in WEST, personally. Portugal.

Most games have Dusk happen between 3PM BGG(23h CET, if I'm not mistaken), and 6 PM BGG(02h00 CET?), but there's games with earlier Dusk time. Games are usually run with a 23 hour day phase, and a 1 hour night phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Welcome!

Our most common game for new people is this 11 player format: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #40) - Finished.

You can see how the last one went: Newbie Friendly, Veteran Approved 11er (Hi #39) - Finished!
The above game (Newbie 40), has a 6PM BGG dusk time, which probably means 2 AM for you. If that doesn't work, the next one should be 5 PM BGG dusk, and after that 4 PM BGG, etc. Either way, let me know. There's other games that you might try in the meantime, or I may put up an earlier game if there's interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilibalds
msg tools
Cheers for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I'ma bit of a night owl, so no need to change things around for my sake Applied to the Cassandra project, I'll see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vilibalds wrote:
Cheers for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I'ma bit of a night owl, so no need to change things around for my sake Applied to the Cassandra project, I'll see what happens.
Number 40 has started, but I'll put number 41 for signup somewhen around the middle of Newbie 40.

If you want to, I can send you a GM when it's up to be signed up for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyse Sefchik
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for the dummy/sock puppet accounts if anyone knows where to find them. Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desired_hanyou_aly wrote:
I'm looking for the dummy/sock puppet accounts if anyone knows where to find them. Thanks!!!
Geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where to post this... if you click on "Mark all Room Read"

I get a javascript error:

TypeError: Cannot call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game_chat...:47

I'm using chrome. Although, the messages do seem to clear.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |