Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry is this is redundant, but I don't see anything here on it...

"The big news from Asmodée is that they are going to be doing an English version of Dungeon Twister. This is a game that has garnered quite a bit of good buzz and until now has been difficult to get a hold of. Look for the English version in July. Also look for the Dungeon Twister Figurines a week or two after the base game is released. As well as the base game, the Dungeon Twister expansions will now be available in English as well - look for Paladins and Dragons in September and the 3/4 Players expansion at the end of the year."

http://www.gamefest.com/news/feature_detail/2269_0_3_0_C/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Parker
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Re:English version announced...
Ayeegit (#454949),

Thanks for posting the link! I hadn't heard yet and was trying to get my group excited about a game mostly in French. Now I just have to be patient! WOOHOOO!!!

-Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
sparker (#455118),

"Mostly in French" consists of about one word on one card. Once you know that the French word "Saut" means "Jump", you've pretty much translated everything that you need to play the game (the "Saut" card has a picture of the character jumping, so it's pretty easy to even guess what the card does). I'd glad they're printing this in English, but I'm also glad that I don't have to wait to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jim - once you go over the components and rules with players the French part isn't even a factor.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Raerinne
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
T-Mo (#455885),

Still the “Frenchness” of the game has had the unfortunate consequence that the game isn’t distributed widely trough Europe. Or is the publisher to be blamed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Parker
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I do agree that getting over the foreign language wouldn't be a big challenge on an absolute scale. However, after an experience with Wallenstein that didn't go so well, my group really is pretty closed-minded to it. So, while I'd love to jump in and get it now, I wouldn't have anyone to play it with.

Until it comes out in English, I'll just have to lurk here and be jealous.

-Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sparker (#467295),

You won't have to lurk for long, because it's coming our way for the beginning of this summer. Supposedely, late June during a major convention that happens in the US.
And I am supposed to be there to meet the US players, and play with them, and play tournaments, and so... and so....

Can't wait to be there to meet you guys. I've not walked the american ground since quite awhile now (1988) and it's great to come visit you to present you this game.

Sincerely,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogers
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Anyone have any details on the release date?

From what I've seen I was expecting it to be released today, but getting conflicting messages...my local gamestore is saying they won't likely have it until sometime in August.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From www.thoughthammer.com

Note: Due to printing problems, this product has been delayed until mid to late August.

www.boardsandbits.com says August too.

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.