United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took at a look at : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3892

And thought to myself, hmm... I wonder how much those starships are. So I decided to click the publisher's name to get their website info, email address, etc. Instead I got a list of their games.

It got me to thinking: If you click a vendor or designer's name, it'd be wonderful if it brought up a biography, links, etc. and then have a link "Show me games by this vendor."

Of course someone would have to help pull together a bio for all of these people and some info on the company but I'd imagine a lot of people and companies would love to have another place to plug themselves so it might just work out for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that suggestion. I would love to see more information about publishers and designers. There have been several times where I could have used this information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree that this would be a nice idea.

It seems to me that it would be good for the Publishers as well, and therefore they may be willing to fill out an online questionaire to help provide correct information.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
... or, to make it easier on Aldie, he could just set it up to link to the vendor's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
... or, to make it easier on Aldie, he could just set it up to link to the vendor's website.

Make it easier on Aldie...are you CRAZY?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Mackenzie
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
I had virtually the same experience.

While I appreciate the ability to see all the games published by a particular company, I had hoped the publisher name would link to some information about the publisher themselves, including a link to their home page.

To save Aldie a bit of labor (after the initial setup of course!) publisher info could be added and corrections submitted similar to how games are added. No need for Aldie to add all that information when publishers and the general populace of BGG would be happy to fill in the gaps.

It would certainly be a nice-to-have feature, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.