Dada (Daniel)
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I just got a copy of the base this week and am enjoying it a lot so far. My wife and I were playing Saturday when a situation came up that is not mentioned in the rules, or at least I couldn't find in the rules.

I had placed a knight on each of two incomplete cities. Later in the game, I played a tile that both joined and completed the two cities - in other words, I have 2 knights in one city now. How should this be scored? Should I get double the points for having two knights in the city?

Thanks in advance for helping out a new player!

-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Unfortunately, you do not get double points. The city is scored as if you only had 1 knight on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The advantage in having more knights is the city is it is harder for other players to 'take' away from you when scoring. Remember the player (or players if tied) with the most knights within score the city, the other players get nothing.

Trying to 'leach' on to cities not yet completed (or farms or roads) to get the majority of meeples is a key Carcassonne game tactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.