Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Hernandez
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say that you cannot reroll or turn over anyone else's dice.

Does it mean that you can only reroll or turn over the dice on your own district before buying other players' dice?

In other words: Can you reroll or turn over the dice you buy from other players after buying them and before using them to execute an action?

I think (and we play this way) that it's possible to buy other people's dice and then reroll or tur over them.

Great game this Troyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot re-roll or turn over opponents' dice. This was asked a couple of days ago:-

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/583893/buying-dice-and-u...

In short, you can buy dice but you can only pay to 'use' others' dice. Those dice stay in the original roller's district & you can only roll or flip dice in your district.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
In short, you can buy dice but you can only pay to 'use' others' dice. Those dice stay in the original roller's district & you can only roll or flip dice in your district.

Well, they don't actually "stay" in the original district, as once you've bought and used them, they're out of the game.

It's best to do all your re-rolling of your own dice first, then buy dice from others, spend some, then set them aside in a discard area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Hernandez
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer.
I was looking for an answer but I didn't see that somebody made the same question I've submit today. Sorry.

We were doing wrong. But we enjoy anyway. I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

Well, they don't actually "stay" in the original district, as once you've bought and used them, they're out of the game.

Well, yes... that is what I meant in an opaque way.

I was trying to make it clear that when you buy dice, you don't *move* them to your district & therefore you cannot re-roll/flip them since the rules says you can only do so with dice in your own district. So technically, they *stay* in their district until they've been used up.

But, of course, they get removed from the board once used, whether they were yours originally or bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.