United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Runebound in the Marketplace. When I received the game, everything was in good order. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. As I walked down the stairs to put the game away, the box began to slip off the pile of laundry that I was also carrying. I tried to scoop up the box before it fell, attempting to thrust the basket beneath it. The attempt fail and all that I managed to do was launch the game even further into the air. The box flew several feet into the air in steep, spinning arch, landing directly on the corner. It continued stumbling down the last few stairs, sending components in all direction. After a moment of disbelief and flood of truncated expletives (my son was at the top of the stairs), I picked up the pieces and examined the damage. Two of the corners were ripped on the box top, several cards destroyed and the board was almost torn in half.

Now, I am in search of anyone with an incomplete copy of the game. So, if you have one let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read this, I could only see this play out in my head in slow motion! Good luck locating the pieces you need! Such a tragedy.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the lesser-known features of BGG: has-parts-for-trade/sale lists for every game

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/2152...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Which city are you in? If you're in the SF Bay Area, I can trade my copy of Runebound 2nd edition for Descent: Sea of Blood or something.

If you can mend the board, you should still be able to play the game, especially if the destroyed cards are marketplace cards. You can also contact FFG and see if they have spare parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard Carnage wrote:
As I read this, I could only see this play out in my head in slow motion! Good luck locating the pieces you need! Such a tragedy.

That's funny. It seemed to happen in slow motion and has been playing out in my head ever since.

JohnnyDollar wrote:
One of the lesser-known features of BGG: has-parts-for-trade/sale lists for every game :)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/2152...

I checked there first. Unfortunately, most people don't know how to use it or what it is for.

Sam and Max wrote:
Which city are you in? If you're in the SF Bay Area, I can trade my copy of Runebound 2nd edition for Descent: Sea of Blood or something.

If you can mend the board, you should still be able to play the game, especially if the destroyed cards are marketplace cards. You can also contact FFG and see if they have spare parts.

I would definitely trade you Sea of Blood for it. Unfortunately, I am in Ohio.

I hate to contact FFG, since the damage was my fault. However, I am sure Thaadd would come through if I contacted them. She has always come through in the past. T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.