Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in this game so I thought I'd share a link to their Kickstarter project...still plenty of time to raise the funds needed.

Art looks great and the rules, although still in the pre-art editing phase, appear solid.

Link to Kickstarter project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253203485/1955-the-war-...

Link to rules: http://www.livingworldsgames.com/Files/1955%20Rule%20Layout%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great - I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friends,

Also notice that is is made by Ludo Fact - according to this post http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/585083/pre-order-1955the-war.... I sure hope that Kevin's other upcoming game, Rolling Freight is also made by Ludo Fact.

Thanks,
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What sent me down the path that would eventually lead me to Ludo Fact was Race for the Galaxy.

I'm fascinated by paper / cover / cardstock. When I received my RftG cards, I enjoyed their cardstock. Due to the way the master sheet was laid out, the cards, at least all the ones I've dealt with, have a greater spring to them when from different directions (long vs. short over the same area).

I spoke with Rio Grande Games about what paper was used and they sent me to speak with Ludo Fact.

Since I didn't (And still don't as I only just started learning) speak German, I decided e-mail was better than phone. The contact information I was given for Ludo Fact must have thought it strange that from out of the blue, some random person was inquiring about the cardstock used to create 1 game out of the many that they do. I received as much information as I could and felt would be provided.

That was my initial base touch with Ludo Fact. Over time, I spoke with their European Rep who set me up with an American rep. We spoke about the quotes, the components, what I envisioned. Ludo Fact has been very responsive throughout the entire project.

Once I get the order in and they start sending me production samples, I'll be able to ensure that the cards (They will be Matte, not linen to fit the time period and use) meet the quality levels I desire. The proof stage is one of the most critical because it is at this time that you absolutely must identify any issues before they produce hundreds / thousands of units. We'll also get in a few dozen plays just to make sure that the cards wear well over time (That and subject them to Texas humidty).

In summary, obsession with paper, Race for the Galaxy and ensuring high quality products. The path of publishing is leading me down a lot of side trails that are great experiences.

As for Rolling Freight, I'm not sure where Kevin Brusky of APE Games will be having it printed. I know that at least 2 games of Rolling Freight were played this weekend at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.