Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When players discard cubes later in the game to pay for various things, the cubes go back on the turn track and become available to players. If at the moment of the discard there are no cubes on the track (all cubes are taken by the players) where and when do the discarded cubes go? Do I put them in the space of the current turn (that's what rules say IMO)? If yes, do I put them there immediately? In our first game, the cubes were a wanted resource and we wondered if a player can discard a cube and take it back immediately in next action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziegreich
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the English rules is that the cubes should be placed on the track not as they are used, but during the Event phase of the turn.Which means they'll only be available the next turn.

Normally one should be able to place them as you use them without affecting the game. But if the current turn has space for cubes, I'd suggest reverting to a strict interpretation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Event phase description talks about redistributing cubes that were not taken in the previous turn. It says nothing about redistributing cubes that were played by players. In my opinion, the played cubes are placed on the turn track immediately after being played - at least that's what the English rules say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Gumulka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an argument about this problem. In my opinion they should be available in the next round. Otherwise after spending a cube you could reclaim it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziegreich
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ja_n wrote:
The Event phase description talks about redistributing cubes that were not taken in the previous turn. It says nothing about redistributing cubes that were played by players. In my opinion, the played cubes are placed on the turn track immediately after being played - at least that's what the English rules say.

You may be right. The way I read it, they keep referring you to the Event rules when it comes to cube discards, which is why I assumed the timing would be the same. Anyway, it's not perfectly clear.

Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remigiusz Bajor
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and what about Stupor Mundi. Dose the auction take place after player's turn (of that who invoked the action) or after the whole turn (after the last action taken by the last player in that round)?

From instruction: "A player that is in Brindisi can, at the
end of the turn.." WHAT turn?? his or whole?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it says at the end of THE turn so the WHOLE turn and not the player's own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in this case there are lots of uncertainities in the rules - several players might be in Brindisi at the end of the turn. Who calls the gathering? Who gets the +2 vote bonus? The rule say that the bonus goes to the player (not players) who called the auction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziegreich
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on nothing but horse sense here, I'd say if there were several players in Brindisi they should get the option to call Stupor Mundi in the current turn order. Until we hear otherwise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, how we played it:

the rules say that:
Quote:
a player whose character starts and/or arrives in a city with the associated Event Tile can gain the Ducati or knowledge that the tile provides.

in this case, the player that arrives in Brindisi when the Stupor Mundi tile CAN choose to use it. At the end of that round, he summons (in turn other) the other players to Brindisi. the bidding starts.

First com, first serve :) but it's up to you of course, because starting a bid can be a bad idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Berger
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ja_n wrote:

Just played my first game of DVE (albeit with myself - can't wait to play an actual game with actual people. Except that will involve teaching them!). My understanding of the cubes that go back on the board when played by players is that they do not go back in to the current turn space, they go on next available space, just like those recycled at the beginning of a turn.

ie any cubes played during turn 1 go into the turn 8 space (the first available space). So you're always stocking the spaces further up the turn track.

So the maximum number of cubes available each turn will be constant; five in a three player game, six in a four player etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Korell
United States
Robbinsdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you look at the Canticle of the Sun example on page 8 of the English rules, it says that in turn 2, the discarded cubes would be placed into the space next to turn 8, which in the example is empty (as these are the first cubes discarded in the game). Thus it should be that you do not placed discarded cubes into the current turn's box.

(although they goofed by actually using box 7 in the graphic)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this one is pretty clear, there's a set number of cubes possible per turn (based on player count). It might be less, because players held on to cubes in early turns, but it can never be more.

All cubes spent go on future turn boxes, never the current space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in the last round (round 16), spent cubes are discarded from the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
nappeto wrote:
But in the last round (round 16), spent cubes are discarded from the game?

In the last round the game ends, why do you need to deal with where the cubes go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they become available to another player, I might think twice about spending them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.