Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
(Emphasis mine)
Bivouacking wrote:
Each Encampment counts as 1 Race token toward the defense of the Region in which it is placed (thereby protecting a single Race token with an Encampment from the Sorcerer's Racial Power).

Hordes Of wrote:
You may use your 2 Hordes of tokens exactly as if they were additional active Race tokens of your own Race.

Pygmies wrote:
Each time you lose a Pygmy token, roll a reinforcement die and receive as many new Pygmies from the storage tray as you rolled pips on the die (up to the number of Pygmies left). Deploy them on the board at the end of the current player's turn.

Alright, so my questions are these:
1) If I have Bivouacking Pygmies, and I lose an Encampment, does that count as "losing a Pygmy Token" in order to roll the die? I suspect the answer to this one is moot, since there's really no way to lose an Encampment without also actually losing a Pygmy. But the question popped into my head and I posted it...

2) If I have Hordes of Pygmies, and I lose a Horde Token, does that count as "losing a Pygmy Token"?

3) If I have Hordes of Pygmies, and I have some "Hordes Of" Tokens off the board, and I lose some Pygmies and roll the die, can I redeploy those dead "Hordes Of" tokens instead of regular Pygmy ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1) No. The encampment counts as 1 race token toward the defense of the region. You didn't highlight the most important part.

2) Yes. The horde token is a means to introduce 2 more race tokens without having to print up 60 or so new race tokens. They do act like you race token for all purposes.

3) Yes. Again, they should be treated as extra Pygmies for all purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
1) No. The encampment counts as 1 race token toward the defense of the region. You didn't highlight the most important part.

Also, encampments aren't lost even if the Region they are in is captured. One troop is lost but the Bivies return to the player for redeploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

2) Yes. The horde token is a means to introduce 2 more race tokens without having to print up 60 or so new race tokens. They do act like you race token for all purposes.

Except that they should vanish if you go into decline since the special power then isn't active anymore. Right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ploedminka wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Except that they should vanish if you go into decline since the special power then isn't active anymore. Right ?

Right. The Hordes of is a Special Ability that would disappear when it went into decline. In that case you lose the 2 hordes and could not bring them back with a reroll. But in that case, the Pygmies can't reroll either, as they are in decline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.