Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Sword and Skull rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks to me like a stripped-down version of Talisman: circle the outer board getting things until you have the stuff to tackle the inner board.

One thing that appears to be an improvement over Talisman is that each player has two playing pieces to accomplish their goal(s). Even if it's still the Talisman-style "roll a die/choose a direction" mechanic, you've at least doubled the movement choices a player gets to make.

Some people have already decided they won't try it based on what they've seen of it. But the production values appear to be solid overall, even if the game is ho-hum. I'd give it shot if only to have a better informed opinion of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd play it but I wouldn't buy it till I'd played it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
One thing that appears to be an improvement over Talisman is that each player has two playing pieces to accomplish their goal(s). Even if it's still the Talisman-style "roll a die/choose a direction" mechanic, you've at least doubled the movement choices a player gets to make.

Nope. It S&S it appears that you can only travel in ONE direction. That means you still look at 2 options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.