Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
On the back of the rulebook there is a Variant where roles are assigned... some players are "Ingredient Preparers", others actually fulfill the orders. In my group, in a 4 player game, for rd 6, we just chose to do this: we passed the preparation cards to two players, and the other 2 players where in charge of recipe cards and customers. This worked great in beating a Normal 4 player game, but I feel like we may have cheated because we are not supposed to pass the preparation/recipe cards around unless an event calls for it. It certainly felt like it made the game easier, and even less exciting/chaotic. I realize that a big part of the charm of the game comes from the chaos of these cards being divided between all players.

So lets say next time we do want to play with Ingredient Preparers and Order fulfiller roles from the get go. I would assume that all players use their starting dice. Technically though, only the players with the recipe cards making the dishes would be able to increase their dice pool, and the preparers never will. Would this be the way to go? This would make the game with separate roles again more challenging (maybe even impossible to beat?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yeah - the core mechanic of gaining dice through service is hard to track in the "Division of Labor" option. But if doubled the dice pool of the two of the players and gained dice in a similar fashion, it should work - the only problem is that the servers are gaining the customers, but it's the preparers that have the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That 's what i thought would work as soon as I sent in the question... Double the servers dice like in the solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.