Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Nexus Ops and Cyclades have been on my radar for a short time. Before I make any kind of investment in these games, I'd like to try them out (especially since Nexus Ops is OOP).

Is anyone willing to teach me how to play one of these games? I learn pretty quickly, and I don't think I'm too unbearable to play with

I'm willing to meet you at a place of your convenience. The FFG EC might be the easiest option, but I'm open to anything.

If I have a game that you want to try, I could bring that as well.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to teach Nexus Ops but you're 50 miles away from me. If you can't find anyone before the next Board Game Marathon you should sign up for that. Some peeps there will definitely help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekimmel wrote:
I'd be happy to teach Nexus Ops but you're 50 miles away from me. If you can't find anyone before the next Board Game Marathon you should sign up for that. Some peeps there will definitely help you out.

Thanks! Yeah, 50 miles might be a bit far. I bumped into someone who might bring it to the next MBGM, but I didn't want to wait that long

I have a horrible infliction where the instant I want to try out a game, I feel the need to try it as soon as possible. I'll just have to be patient cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am down in Austin, but if I can remember the next time I come up to the cities I could let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I am down in Austin, but if I can remember the next time I come up to the cities I could let you know.

Thanks for the offer! I actually just played Nexus Ops this past weekend. I liked it, now I'm in the process of getting a copy for myself.

If you're in town on a weekend and want another player to join in on a game, let me know.

Your avatar looks familiar. Do you attend the MBGM events?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not, but I have thought about it. I go to the Rochester www.gamersreunion.com every year though. Have you ever been there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't been to the gamersreunion. I don't think I've ever been to Rochester whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should come down this April, it is a lot of fun. I will be running several event there. Speaking of that, I still need to get them in the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mehlhoff
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for teaching you Cyclades sometime. I live in Rosemount, work in Bloomington and game in Minneapolis. I have time the next two weeks open if you want to get together at the FFG EC or something. The game really doesn't shine with 2 though so we'll need to recruit more people, 4-5 is best.

If you like it enough you may be able to buy my copy. I enjoy it but have played it enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LannisterGold wrote:
I'd be up for teaching you Cyclades sometime. I live in Rosemount, work in Bloomington and game in Minneapolis. I have time the next two weeks open if you want to get together at the FFG EC or something. The game really doesn't shine with 2 though so we'll need to recruit more people, 4-5 is best.

If you like it enough you may be able to buy my copy. I enjoy it but have played it enough.

Thanks Matt. I'm not available this week due to the holidays, but the first weekend in December I'm open. Let me know if that works for you. I might be able to find a third player. Do you know anyone else who'd like to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mehlhoff
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
LannisterGold wrote:

Thanks Matt. I'm not available this week due to the holidays, but the first weekend in December I'm open. Let me know if that works for you. I might be able to find a third player. Do you know anyone else who'd like to play?

I may be able to find one or two people. I'll see what I can do when we set a date. Geekmail me after the weekend and we'll see what works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LannisterGold wrote:
Bipf wrote:
LannisterGold wrote:

I may be able to find one or two people. I'll see what I can do when we set a date. Geekmail me after the weekend and we'll see what works.

Sounds good. If we have 4 people, maybe we can get in a game of Chaos in the Old World afterwards. I wouldn't mind trying Cosmic Encounter or Galaxy Trucker either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mehlhoff
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
LannisterGold wrote:
Bipf wrote:
LannisterGold wrote:

Sounds good. If we have 4 people, maybe we can get in a game of Chaos in the Old World afterwards. I wouldn't mind trying Cosmic Encounter or Galaxy Trucker either

Who told you what my favorite games were?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I have a bad habit of looking at everyone's Owned lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
micah qs
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to learn cyclades as well. Let me know if you get this organized, I could probably do the first weekend in Dec.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietstorm wrote:
I'd like to learn cyclades as well. Let me know if you get this organized, I could probably do the first weekend in Dec.

Sure thing! I actually had you in mind as another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.