Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had this come up a few times, but the rules I have and that are uploaded online here say it is only on the last round no sacrifice as quoted here:

"You are not allowed to sacrifice units in the last round". Which the last round is clarified above again quoted: "If Age 3 ends at the beginning of the Start players turn, then it is the last round..." otherwise it is not and you have all one more turn till last round.

I have heard this might be an incorrect translation in English or some other problem.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last round mentioned is the last full round of Age IV. In a four-player game, if the last card of Age III is dealt on, for example, the second player's turn, then Age IV starts right then and sacrifices are still allowed. The following round is the final one, and sacrifices are no longer allowed.

If the last card of Age III is dealt on the start player's turn then Age IV only lasts for the current round, so sacrifices aren't allowed then, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
The last round mentioned is the last full round of Age IV. In a four-player game, if the last card of Age III is dealt on, for example, the second player's turn, then Age IV starts right then and sacrifices are still allowed. The following round is the final one, and sacrifices are no longer allowed.

If the last card of Age III is dealt on the start player's turn then Age IV only lasts for the current round, so sacrifices aren't allowed then, either.

Thanks Justin for your input and this is how the rules I have seen read and how I have always played. I have had it come up enough though where I wanted to check if there is a discrepancy of some sort?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nibuen wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:

Thanks Justin for your input and this is how the rules I have seen read and how I have always played. I have had it come up enough though where I wanted to check if there is a discrepancy of some sort?

Among people who know the rules well, there is no disagreement. Justin's answer is right. It makes sense, too, because the whole reason for the rule is to make sure people don't automatically sacrifice their units on the last turn of the game when they realize that they won't be needed for defense next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, I guess it is just a common misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.