Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
art cohen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loco; the box says 2-4 players. But it's got thirty cards in five suits, so the only thing that's keeping you from playing it with five players (six cards each) is the requirement that you burn two or three cards before you start. With five, you'd have to burn five cards to make it come out even.

Since burning two cards is not mathematically required for a two-person game, I have to think that this rule is in place so there are always a few cards that are unseen (a la dominoes, blackjack, mah jong, etc.).

Has anyone tried playing this with five players? The lack of any burned cards doesn't strike me as a huge handicap (at least in a friendly game, ha ha), but I'm wondering if there might not be other factors that would lessen the game's playability with more than four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re:Five player Loco?
scratchie (#455574),

Get Thor instead: there are 6 colours, and 36 cards, so the game scales smoothly up to 6 players if need be (tho I wouldn't go past 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scratchie (#455574),

We played with five the other month and it seemed to work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five works fine, with or without burning cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.