Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a copy of this week's press release from Toy Vault on the upcoming GODZILLA. They say to consult their website . . . don't see the info there yet, but they told me it would be up by today.

Hope to get some visuals very soon . . .

Toy Vault Announces Godzilla: Kaiju Wars Board Game

LONDON, Ky., Aug. 31, 2010 – Toy Vault, Inc. is thrilled and excited to announce Godzilla: Kaiju World Wars; an officially licensed multi-player board game featuring the King of the Monsters – Godzilla!
It’s an all-out brawl of monstrous proportions and Earth is the battlefield! The Xiliens have pitted Godzilla, Rodan, Gigan and King Ghidorah against each other in a catastrophic battle and only one monster will emerge victorious!
In Godzilla: Kaiju World Wars, players pick a monster and a scenario, stomping over terrain and destroying buildings on their warpath - all while fending off aggressive military attacks, bombs, traps and, of course, other KAIJU! Special abilities are used to eliminate the competition or to tuck their tail between their legs and run away before they are taken out.
The game is jam-packed with pieces sure to please any gamer. Along with the four fully painted 2 3/8 inch plastic Kaiju figurines, the game also includes 90 stackable plastic tiles for building skyscrapers, four individual monster playmats, 86 terrain and power tokens, and much more. You’ve never had so much fun ravaging the world as you will when you play GODZILLA: KAIJU WORLD WARS!
Check out ToyVault.com for more details, including how you can submit your own custom game-play scenarios. In the coming weeks we’ll be adding more product details and images so keep checking back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McGinnis
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the game also includes 90 stackable plastic tiles for building skyscrapers, four individual monster playmats, 86 terrain and power tokens, and much more.

This sounds like more than I expected. Too bad its not before Christmas! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watti wrote:
Quote:
the game also includes 90 stackable plastic tiles for building skyscrapers, four individual monster playmats, 86 terrain and power tokens, and much more.

This sounds like more than I expected. Too bad its not before Christmas! cry

Well, I do hope it is way more than you expected . . . and i agree in terms of Xmas.

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will I be able to do this in the game? Please say it is so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
Will I be able to do this in the game? Please say it is so!

Yes.

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to a press release with visuals . . .

http://boardgamenews.com/designers/richard-h-berg

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you compare and contrast this to Monsterpocalypse?

It looks like from the map posted on the other site that (guesses and supposition on my part):

Has a scoring track with points for destruction of buildings + units where MonPoc is a last monster standing game

Seems to have a random event cards with a d6 roll judging from the top of the map

I couldn't make out the rule information on the bottom of the map but it seems to deal with military units

Not collectible/blind buy

Both use a square based city map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laudwic wrote:
Can you compare and contrast this to Monsterpocalypse?

It looks like from the map posted on the other site that (guesses and supposition on my part):

Has a scoring track with points for destruction of buildings + units where MonPoc is a last monster standing game

Seems to have a random event cards with a d6 roll judging from the top of the map

I couldn't make out the rule information on the bottom of the map but it seems to deal with military units

Not collectible/blind buy

Both use a square based city map

I have not seen M'lpse so cannot make any comparisons.

But here is the final vwrsion of the board

Yes, the game is based on points for all types of destruction.

It uses cards, butnot as random events (altho sort of . . .)

There are military units

It is NOT a collectible in that the game is complete with 4 kaijin. There will be sequels with new/different Toho kaijin later opn, or so I'm told.

Hope this all helps.

RHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I[m not sure how this will print out in BGG formatting . . . but here is the information from the Ghidorah Advanced Game Display Card (so you can see what we have tried to include in GODZILLA):

KING GHIDORAH

Height: 325 Feet Weight 33,000 Tons Wingspan: 490 Feet

This is not the cyborg version, Mecha-Ghidorah

FLY: 3 AP, May use Flight three times during the game.

FLIGHT TRACK: 1 2 3

BASICBATTLE: 4 dice (3-6) WITHDRAWAL ABILITY: Dieroll of 5-6.

ADVANCED BATTLE;

ATTACK:

•• Size/Strength [+1 if Size is increased by Special Card)

•• Hurl Object (Gravity Beams)

•• Bite/Beak

DEFENSE

•• Size/Strength (- 1 if Size is increased by Special Card)

•• Bite/Beak

•• Repel (Gravity Beams. Wing Winds, Absorb Life-force; - 1 (for 1 AP)

•• Avoid

SPECIAL CARD ABILITY: Increase Size/Strength (Cost to Play Card: 2 AP) When this card is played, King Ghidorah grows to a Height of 492 Feet, a Weight of 77,000 tons, and a wingspan of 575 Feet). This gives him added abilities in both Attack and Defense using his Size/Strength. Card is discarded after Play.

FIRE ATTACK STRENGTH (Wing Lightning): 1-3

•• 3 AP to use:

•• Range is 4 Squares,

FIRE DEFENSE STRENGTH: -1

RECOVER: 0

HIT TRACK

Elim 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6* 5 4 1 0

= May Initiate Recovery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.