Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really liking this game so far and I wanted to ask a question about resourcing.

When building a deck, do players deliberately insert cards into the deck that you earmark ahead of time as resource cards or do you simply make a decision which cards to use as resources simply by, what card, in my hand is the most useless to me?

Just curious.

When I build Warhammer Invasion decks, I build cards into the deck that I plan to spend as developments but I'm not sold that will work with CoC because you need your resource cards early rather than later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you ever include a "bad" card in a deck when a "good" card will serve the same purpose and more. I'm pretty new to W:I but the same applies there, too, IMO.

edit: If we argue on the assumption that you tend to make good decisions, being able to chose between two options is strictly superior to having one of those options forced upon you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I have trouble flushing a good card as a resource/development. Bad cards make the decision easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine the following cards, both having the same cost:

[1] Action: Draw a card.

[2] Action: Chose one - Draw a card or an opponent discards a card.

Which one is better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fash
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1, right? Because then the guy doesn't have to think about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Time 2 Roll wrote:
When building a deck, do players deliberately insert cards into the deck that you earmark ahead of time as resource cards or do you simply make a decision which cards to use as resources simply by, what card, in my hand is the most useless to me?

Never!!!!!

And to take it a step further, if you find yourself regularly resourcing a particular card in your deck, get rid of it and find a card that works better instead. Never ever put useless cards into your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
My strategy is to put several cost 1/2 cards in the deck. I need those at the start to get some action rolling as quickly as possible. Then when resources are built up to reasonable levels, those are the usual choices for resourcing.

My second strategy is that a deck may have two paths in it, depending on what my opponent is fielding. Say I have a counter strategy to terror decks or combat decks, and my opponent comes out strong on the terror. I pick the counter terror path, and resource all the counter combat strategy cards that come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.