Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

DON'T FORGET LUDO!!

Great turnout last night.
One of our highest ever.

We saw Titan for the first time in a while as well as a few others.
We played Acquire and Race for the Galaxy and got to meet a noob and a not-so-new-noob. It was great to meet fresh faces.

As for Acquire John smoked us.
I merged once, on the second last turn.
It was uuuuuugly!

If you played them let us know.

Remember there are noobs about and they are adding to their collection.
Only YOU can prevent crappy game purchases.

goo

See you in 14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fairley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Toronto - Ottawa - Seattle - Abu Dhabi
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 3 games of Fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did they play out?
Dean win all three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two new games for me so I would say a good night and thanks to Al, Don and David for the new games:

Yspahan: I won first time out with the bonus card received from the caravan giving me enough camels to build the final building for a good point clearance with a points for gold card helping. Could have gone either way though and never felt that I was ahead or going to win. Enjoyable little game .

Alien Frontiers : Took a little longer to work out how to play and we didn't finish the game with 4 players including 3 first timers. It was close to complete and all I can say is wow is it a good game. Scratched a lot of gaming itches. Space theme, player conflict, randomness with some control. Now to wait for the 2nd edition to come out before I can try it at home, although I am thinking home built with Lego until that time. Should build dice tower for it as well. Who had the Lego dice tower out? I forgot to take a look at the build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
2 new games for me:

Glory to Rome played with Adam. Lots of things to keep track of. I won. Need to play this again to fully appreciate it. Very promising game though...

Power Struggle played with Eric, Adam, Stephen and Mike. New game for everyone. Powering through the rules was initially daunting but I really enjoyed the game. It's cutthroat, as most power struggles are I assume.
Stephen won. (presumably because he read the rules just loud enough for only him to hear)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dean M.
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John won the first 2 games of Fortress. (i think he's another one of the few that played the game 25 yrs ago.)

Emil and I hung on for the win in the team variant game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ottawa Games Groupees,

At meeting for Ludo Outaouais 2010 last night, the convention's organisers outlined some ways they would like us to help.

This Friday at 5pm they need help with tables and checking games into the library.

They are also looking for gurus to hook people up with a new game they want to play. Basically, pick from the games you know, grab it from the library and sit down & play it with them (sounds like club night!).

If you want to loan games to their games library, I can bring them to the con for you. Just put your name on them and geekmail me and we'll make arrangements.

Please geekmail me or "LudoOutaouais" if you are interested.

Thank-you,

-Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leduc
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are interested, I will be lending Alien Frontiers to the library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
(presumably because he read the rules just loud enough for only him to hear)

nice. I like that part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.