Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Bergwall
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I am heading down to warmer climates for a couple of weeks of R&R and hopefully will pick up a few new games

Can anyone recommend any game stores in Las vegas...you know ...the usual criteria...good prices , good selection. I am also driving to Tucson , will be spending a week there, so any info re Ticson and Phoenix ( gaming related) would be much appreciated

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Allen
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should keep a copy of this reply handy to answer this question that pops up weekly for Vegas visitors.

Let me start by saying that Vegas is pretty dry in the board game department. The only store with a pretty decent selection of boardgames is over by UNLV called Dreamland Hobbies. Exact address is 4700 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas NV 89119. Toss that in http://maps.google.com for all sorts of directional goodness. It's real close to the Strip if you'll be staying there. If you'd like to see if they have something specific in stock you can give them a ring at (702)313-8111. They are also heavy into CCGs, RPGs and GW minis. Most stuff sells for standard retail price but I've heard of nice sales from time to time.

Only other store I know of that has even a minor selection is Hobbytown USA. This place is mostly models + the like. They have 1 huge row for RPGs and GW/Reaper Minis and at the begining of that row is a slim selection of board games. I've seen some nice games mixed in there but overall it's slim pickings. This is on the northwest side of town on Sahara n Decatur. You can get the addy + phone number from their website: www.hobbytown.com

I recently heard of a third shop that opened up somewhere down on Sunset road. A couple of guys in my Thursday gaming group mentioned they stopped by it and the place had almost no inventory to speak of. Maybe that's changed by now but I'll let someone else follow up on that spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Björklund
Sweden
Lerum
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a real geek when I was in Vegas, I phoned every store in the phonebook under the heading Games

I also found Dreamland Hobbies. They don't have a large collection of games. But they had some new ones that I bought. They are a bit pricy by US standard I think. But very friendly and helpful both in the store and on the phone.
I could actually reserved some games that they only had one copy left off. That's nice

But I don't think that our preference of games is a high seller in Vegas cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Phoenix area, the best place to buy games is the Game Depot in Tempe, which is 1/2 mile north of US-60. The address is 3136 S. Mcclintock Dr. in Tempe. Their phone number is 480-966-4727.

The AZBoardgamers groupe meets most Friday nights at another location and other occasional places around Phoenix during the week. Joing the AZBoardgamers Yahoo group and I'm sure someone there could hook you up with gaming in Phoenix and possibly even in Tucson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bergwall
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
thanks everyone....now let me check my credit limit on my visa!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.