Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game yet, so this may be a dumb question, so be patient. Can a player attempt to domesticate an animal more than once? For example, could a player domesticate an animal and get the one (increased energy, etc) and later get the increased footprint result (4-6)?

If not, is there a way to mark the animals as used by each player?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell (and play), one can try and domesticate an animal until success or it becomes extinct and then no one can domesticate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

A player occupying a Resource hex with a habitable site (section 8.3) may make a domestication attempt, even if the hex already has a metropolis, and even if the resource has previously been exploited.

I should clarify that, that only applies to resources. If animal domestication occurs,

Quote:
The player gains the Infrastructure Advances listed, and he converts one of his units in the hex into a Metropolitan unit.

since

Quote:
If a Plant or Animal hex is free of metropolises and its site is habitable ..

you cannot repeatedly attempt it in the same hex, as it produces a metropolis once successful. This also applies to crops, as they also produce a metropolis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you. I get that now. I didn't realize that a success on an animal or plant forms a metropolis. That's the only way to get a metropolis before age III. It seemed strange that you couldn't form any metropoli at all until age III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.