Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted about Small Business Saturday in the Hot Deals Forum. Basically, if you register your Amex card and buy $25 of stuff at a small business on 11/27, you get a $25 statement credit.

http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday

Probably many FLGS don't take Amex. But, I confirmed that if you go through Amex to sign up with them, there are no minimum, monthly, cancellation or equipment fees. So call up your FLGS, tell them to get Amex set up, and heavily advertise the free $25.

Even the many of us who do not frequent FLGS because of their pricing would surely drop in to pick up a 100% free $25 game. As an added bonus, it is really $25 per person, so you can sign up your wife/gf card as well and score $50 of free games.

Right after the event, they can cancel at will with no issue. It seems like a really easy way to score your FLGS a bunch of sales while scoring us free games.

Edit: there was some question as to the "first 100,000 enrollees" indicated for the promotion. I called up Amex and a rep (George Sharp) stated that if the 100,000 was over, enrollment would either end or you would get a decline email, he wasn't sure which. So per him, it's a sure thing once you get the confirm email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathleen Feduke
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The reason most of us don't take AmEx is because they charge a much, much higher fee than everyone else's already ridiculous fee. On top of that, any bonus plan adds a bonus charge to us. I don't see this flying too well. Sorry.

I whole-heartedly support you going into your favorite local game store and buying a game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
Original hot deals thread

Non Facebook link for us non social types
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think encouraging your FLGS to scam AMEX is a bad idea. Setting up new accounts costs AMEX time and money; it costs your FLGS time (which is money) and it looks bad on your FLGS's credit history to enroll as an AMEX client, take one days' worth of transactions, and then unenroll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, obviously not one day, that is ridiculous. Second, as an example, my FLGS takes Amex but didn't know about this. So I called them and told them about this, and they enrolled. Now they will get lots of extra sales by advertising the free $25 at no cost to them, plus I will get free games. Everybody wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dodson
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to their website, ANY small business that takes Amex will qualify. I signed up because my FLGS takes AMEX, and even if I don't get the credit I'll still give them my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.