Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to the game and a recent play session brought some questions.

1. Paul Lemond - Does his ability take away the icons from the character he is gaining from, or is he simply copying the icons?

2. Natural Philosopher - When he enters play, only the player who put him into play gets to draw a card, correct?

3. We had the following situation come up: I have a Shadowed Woods in play which reads - "Response: After you play a [Shub-Niggurath] character from your hand, pay X to choose and return a character with cost X or lower from your discard pile to your hand."

It is my turn and I play the character Small Ghouls which is from the Shub-Niggurath faction and the character reads - "Forced Response: After Small Ghouls enters play, put 3 cards from your discard pile on the bottom of your deck in any order, if able."

I have only three cards in my discard pile and two of them are characters. My question is can I use the Shadowed Woods power to "rescue" one of my characters in my discard pile before the cards are put on the bottom of my deck? I'm not sure which action takes place first, the "Forced Response" or the "Response" or if I can choose to take a response action before the forced response happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quinnox wrote:
1. Paul Lemond - Does his ability take away the icons from the character he is gaining from, or is he simply copying the icons?

Unlike Richard Upton Pickman, the Painter who takes another character's text box for his own (and blanks theirs), Paul Lemond merely adds the printed icons.

Quote:
2. Natural Philosopher - When he enters play, only the player who put him into play gets to draw a card, correct?

Yes.

Quote:
3. We had the following situation come up: I have a Shadowed Woods in play which reads - "Response: After you play a [Shub-Niggurath] character from your hand, pay X to choose and return a character with cost X or lower from your discard pile to your hand."

It is my turn and I play the character Small Ghouls which is from the Shub-Niggurath faction and the character reads - "Forced Response: After Small Ghouls enters play, put 3 cards from your discard pile on the bottom of your deck in any order, if able."

I have only three cards in my discard pile and two of them are characters. My question is can I use the Shadowed Woods power to "rescue" one of my characters in my discard pile before the cards are put on the bottom of my deck? I'm not sure which action takes place first, the "Forced Response" or the "Response" or if I can choose to take a response action before the forced response happens?

I think Forced happens first, it kicks in as Small Ghouls enter play, if they had a Response (or no ability at all), Shadowed Woods would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.