Subject: Resource Victory track question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 2-Player example it says:

Note that the "Islamist Resources" marker is not moved to the "0" box yet (there are no longer any countries on the map under Islamist Rule). This will only take place as a part of the End of Turn sequence when the Regime Change marker is flipped.

Is there a rule reference for this?

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
cjspringer wrote:
In the 2-Player example it says:

Note that the "Islamist Resources" marker is not moved to the "0" box yet (there are no longer any countries on the map under Islamist Rule). This will only take place as a part of the End of Turn sequence when the Regime Change marker is flipped.

Is there a rule reference for this?

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

I think you are looking for "4.8.2 Regime Change Markers" on page 6 of the rules. If the game ends due to a reshuffle while there is a green regime change marker, the country is considered a Islamist country. If hands are refreshed and no shuffle is required, the marker is flipped and it is no longer considered Jihadist for end of game purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if country goes to Islamist Rule without regime change the Islamist Resource victory track is advanced immediately ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
cjspringer wrote:
So if country goes to Islamist Rule without regime change the Islamist Resource victory track is advanced immediately ?

Regime change has nothing to do with a country going to Islamist rule.

I think the "green/tan" counter thing for regime change is to stop the US from doing last-turn regime changes, when the US player knows the deck will run out and the game will end, and doesn't care about going into overstretch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think the "green/tan" counter thing for regime change is to stop the US from doing last-turn regime changes, when the US player knows the deck will run out and the game will end, and doesn't care about going into overstretch.

Exactly. This was the last substantial change to the rules. Makes things slightly more fiddly than we liked, but it was necessary to disallow such a gamey US gambit.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm dumb, but I still don't understand when the Resources counter on the victory track is pushed up or down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Maybe I'm dumb, but I still don't understand when the Resources counter on the victory track is pushed up or down.

See 4.2.5. Resources of Good countries are tabulated on the Victory Track. As soon as a Muslim Country's governance falls below "Good," adjust the "Good Resources" marker on the Victory Track accordingly. Handle Jihadist Resources similarly.

Example. If Saudi Arabia is marked as Good and there are no other Good Muslim countries, the US places its Good Resources marker on the "3" box. If Gulf States then goes to "Good," the Good Resources marker goes up to the "6" box. If Afghanistan then goes "Good," the marker goes up to 7, and so on. If Gulf States then goes back to "Fair," the marker retracts back to 4 (3 for Saudi and 1 for Afghanistan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be an error in the Playbook 2-player tutorial. I see the text near the top of the 2nd column of page 6 that says that Islamist Rule marker is not reduced until the RC marker is flipped.

Since green/tan RC only makes a difference for 2.3 end-of-deck victory, which is not an issue in this example, I don't see a reason to delay shifting the IR marker.

Joel??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that was intentional. I wanted to show the players this mechanism, and how it works. In normal play at that stage of the game this could be skipped but it's good practice for new players so they don't forget that detail when it comes down to the end of the game.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I looked things over and finally figured out what I did wrong in the Tutorial. I've added clarifications to the Google document (link is here on BGG).

Sorry for the confusion! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't seem to find the link, can you give me a hint?

thanks
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the "Links" section on the Labyrinth game entry here on BGG--towards the bottom of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there still something weird for me :

what happens if the jihadist reaches 6 ressources with 3 IR countries during his 2nd action :
1/ he wins immediately ?
2/ or the US can continue to play and will surely launch a Regime change operation so will the jihadist still win because of the green RC marker or does he loose the ressources points ?

thanks for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See 2.1.2, first bullet. The Jihadists win the INSTANT Islamist Rule governs countries totaling at least six Resources that include at least two adjacent countries.

The US player must anticipate this. He does not get a chance to change the situation since he will not get a turn if the Jihadists accomplish this during the Jihadist turn!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.