Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
I've arranged a sale to a user for four games. It is my understanding that I should set this up through the marketplace to record the sale and then give BGG 3% of the sale price before shipping.

Can someone help me through this process? I'm not sure on how to set up a sale for multiple games to a committed buyer and then make my payment to BGG.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you make the listings, put "reserved for user XYZ". You can geekmail the person links to make it easier on them. After they pay, BGG will calculate the commission. If it is over $2, they will send you an invoice, and you can pay it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to, you can list the games individually and the person can buy them all from you at the same time. They can do that easily by looking up your games for sale from your profile. Make sure in the listing for each you put "reserved for xxxxxx"
An easier way would be to lump them all into one item for the total price. BGG will still get the same cut. The only downside is it will create an outlier in the Price History.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Chachito wrote:
If you want to, you can list the games individually and the person can buy them all from you at the same time. They can do that easily by looking up your games for sale from your profile. Make sure in the listing for each you put "reserved for xxxxxx"
An easier way would be to lump them all into one item for the total price. BGG will still get the same cut. The only downside is it will create an outlier in the Price History.

#1 creates data for the price history function on BGG, #2 is more efficient. Go with whichever you prefer best, but if you use #2, please do it in a Miscellaneous Placeholder game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do I use the Miscelleneous Placeholder and then list the games and say it is reserved for XYZ?

Or do I use a subset of the MIscelleneous Placeholder category?

I am selling a pile of board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.