Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about the need to use the workshops in the order in which they are built on your District... Is there some deeper concept behind it?

Because in our first game I ommited this rule (I must admit I missed it and forgot about it ) and looking back I am not aware that the gameplay would be any different. The workshops to be built in the Round are always last anyway, so you should have the necessary resources by the time you get to them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There could be a difference:
let's suppose you didn't build anything in your first round, while your opponent did.

Let's suppose you want to build something in your "3" space, and you need an extra marble.

If one of your opponents built a Picconiere or a Cava in his "4" space (or in his "3", but he plays after you in turn), and you placed your worker there, you won't have the marble you need in time.

So, it's important to follow the order

Bye,
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some buildings require you to have resources available to use them - it's no good you using "sell two green cubes" as building number 3 if you have no green cubes - even if you are going to collect two green cubes from building number 5.

The ordering is pretty subtle, and getting it horribly wrong in the very last round of the game we played yesterday probably cost me the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx! Yes, these subtleties make sense (though indeed, we did not perhaps stubmle on either of them in our first game, which might change later of course).

And this might be a small tweak for first games for new people - let them not worry about the order of workshops for now, just use them and move along
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
And this might be a small tweak for first games for new people - let them not worry about the order of workshops for now, just use them and move along

Alternatively, it's better to get things right from the beginning, as it can hectare to unlearn bad practices. And things are worse if players don't realise the rule they are missing, and thus spread bad practices. And if they do know the real rule, why not use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I hate when a rule explainer omits (on purpose) some rules becouse he (or she) thinks it's a hard rule or just to speed up the game.

These days you don't get many opportunities to play the same game very often so the first impression is VERY important... a missed o omitted rule can change the perception of the game quite a bit and someone might never play again becouse he thinks the game is not deep enough o (it happaned) even broken.....

If you miss or misinterpreted the rule by mistake ok, but now that you know the mistakes I would use the rule as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.