Werewolf» Forums » Variants

Subject: Power to spot wolf/dog; a protector type role. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Already mentioned under EVIL DOG thread, but put here for sake of completeness as it involves a protector role, dog, etc.

This is basically a protector role, but in addition if the protected is spotted by wolves, he gets to see one of "them". I thought this might be too strong for the village, however, if the protected is told he might have seen the alpha wolfe or merely a dog it might not be too strong.

SPOTTING A WOLF/DOG. if the wolves choose to kill a protected person not only does he survive, but he spots one of the wolves or dog. Not sure but I think the GM would randomly choose for him to spot EITHER alpha wolf or the dog (GM does not tell the protected which role, only that that one is hairy and has four legs). This might be most fair as the alpha wolf has some help in the game, namely from the dog who knows him and presumably wont vote against so if the protected accuses the alpha, the alpha may still survive the vote.

And the dog role is already tricky and difficult to play but if he is accused by the protected of being an alpha. he could claim,rightly that is just a lowly dog e.g.:

Dog: "Look I am just a lowly dog, I cant control anything, so why waste a lynch on me? What if I give you the alpha wolfe?

"Why would you do that? You lose if the wolves lose?

Dog: "Look I know the rules say that, but I just want to stay alive in the game I HATE being eliminated. Maybe the rules say I lose the game, so what? at least I am still alive. HELL I AM A DOG WHAT DO I KNOW? Just feed me scraps and I am happy I dont care anything about the politics of this village. i dont care about werewolfes please dont kill me"

"Okay if you are dog who is the alpha wolf?"

Dog: [points to seer]

EDIT: The protector role Im describing actually is more of a hybrid of three roles; masons, guard/protector; and hunter of sorts. It is masons because the hunter must reveal himself to someone. It protects a player he chooses or himself and it might kill a wolf in limited circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.