Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Cesare
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The jihadist side pulled the Madrassas card as the first of its Action Phase. The next card is a 3 ops but there are only 2 cells available in the Funding Track.

1) Do I play 2 ops for recruitment and use 1 op for Radicalization?

2) Am I correct in assuming that I ignore the event on the 2nd card and play it only as ops for recruitment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) Do I play 2 ops for recruitment and use 1 op for Radicalization?

No, you still have to dice for recruitment. So conduct all the die rolls for recruitment per the event. In this situation you would only go to Radicalization if there were 0 Cells on the track.

2) Am I correct in assuming that I ignore the event on the 2nd card and play it only as ops for recruitment?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Joseph--

1) [EDIT: See below.]

2) Yes, you are correct. The event text trumps the normal procedure. (6.2.2) Note also that "Where?" for Madrassas works differently that for normal recruit ops. (9.4.2.1 & 9.4.2.5 NOTE)

--vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, my apologies folks, I've made an error in my above response regarding item 1) and radicalization. This is a detail on which we went back and forth during development, and I had forgotten where we ended up. The rule in the rulebook for solitaire recruit ops is 9.4.2.5, and it states:

"Roll one Recruit operation at a time. If there is no suitable
location, or if Available cells on the Funding Track run out while
operations value remains, conduct Radicalization (9.4.3)."

Therefore, if 3 OPS for recruitment on the first 2 rolls place the last 2 cells on the track, 1 OP of radicalization would occur (resulting in automatically successful travel).

This'll teach me to consult the rulebook final before answering!

Best, vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Newcombe
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, complete noob clarification:

If I play the card as the U.S. (solo or two player I guess) does the "Play if 1st card in jihadist Action Phase" mean that the event cannot trigger for the Jihadists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right: the Event doesn't trigger because it isn't played as the first card in a Jihadist Action Phase and the prerequisite is not satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.