Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several folks were interested in once again running whiskey … in a game setting, not real life … so we traveled back to the era of prohibition for another game of Bootleggers.

This was my third playing of this Eagle Games release and it was enough to cement my conviction that the game needs more action in the speakeasies. As is, majority status in the establishments simply doesn’t change very often, resulting in a very stagnant game. As I discussed in my previous report, there are several possible solutions, including the addition of more influence and “hit” cards to the deck. To that end, I have ordered an additional “men of action” deck from Eagle Games and will test our ideas on our next playing.

While the game is another step forward for Eagle Games, they still aren’t there yet. The game once again lacked that final touch that would have elevated it to a very good and entertaining game. Fortunately, this one is easier to tinker with in order to bring it to the next level.

Willerd, nick-named the “Professor”, dominated Texas Lil’s early, which shot him into a large lead when we revealed our cash at the end of turn 4.

Turn 4: Willerd 41, Greg 24, Jim 24, Alwyn 24, Spouey 24, Keith 20

Spouey seized control of Texas Lil’s from Willerd, while Jim grabbed control of Mother’s Groceries. This catapulted both of them into the leading positions at the conclusion of turn 8.

Turn 8: Jim 84, Spouey 78, Greg 63, Willerd 61, Keith 60, Alwyn 38

Keith, Jim and Spouey all seemed on the verge of controlling the whiskey trade and capturing the victory, so the thug cards were played in droves on all of them in the final rounds. Jim managed to top 100G’s at the conclusion of turn 11 to capture the victory.

Finals: Jim 102, Keith 95, Spouey 88, Willerd 82, Greg 81, Alwyn 56

Ratings: Jim 6.5, Keith 6.5, Greg 6, Alwyn 6, Spouey 6, Willerd 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.