Alexandru Stanuta
Romania
Berceni
ILFOV
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I had only play it with 2 till now (4 games). Both I and the other 2 persons I had played it with love it.

The fact that you play with a "dummy" third player, that is controlled on turns by both players, has the advantage that you can get rid of the nasty cards that you don't want your opponent to get.

On the other hand, the "dummy" player lacks the spontaneity of a human player.

So, for me, it's a great game with 2.

Cheers,
Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Ne Oublie
badge
You're feeling dizzy... Now all your boardgames belong to me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I play 2P very often, and it works very well.

Maybe a little more strategic, all in all it's definitely a very good game for 2P (too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have played it once as 2 player with my wife and we both enjoyed it. i guess the question is would you get it for the 2 player alone ? in my opinion not, the game shines with 4 or more (just my humble opinion)... if you are just looking for a good quick medium to light two player game i would look elsewhere. if on the other hand you give this a whirl with more some of the time and still want to give it a spin every now and again with 2 then i am happy to suggest you pick it up. works well with two and the variant does not feel like something they tacked on in the last minute (which incidently is porbably what it is)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Clemens - this really shines as a 3+ player game. I've tried the two player game, it's okay, but loses out with the snappy around the table game play. I wouldn't pick this up purely for the two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Bergmark
Sweden
Stockholm
Älvsjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't agree with Clemens. Both me, my wife and others I have played it 2p with, think it's great.
There's a lot of strategy in using the fake third player to your advantage (make him buy from you, steal cards your opponent wants, and (most fun) make your opponent lose to the fake player).
All, in all, a great experience for 2! Recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a poll about 2p
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/580886/poll-rating-for-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.