2 Posts

Superstar Pro Wrestling Game» Forums » General

Subject: SPW EFed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Van Weele
msg tools
Hey All,

Was wondering if there are any Superstar Pro Wrestling Game enthusiasts out there that would be willing to join a new EFed league.

Here is the website
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SPW_Alliance/

Basically there will be 8 Federations that will be individually run and will post shows & PPV's.

I have been apart of the old league since May of 2007 and have had a ton of fun posting shows and reading everyone else's.

You can use the computer version of this game or the cards to run your matches.
(Check the files section on http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/prowrestlingsuperstargam... for my UWE created card sets)

If anyone is interested please go to the website (and after you join) post your interest....

Look forward to hearing from all the promoters out there.

Eddie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Allen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Boy am I glad to be able to meet a fellow gamer.I bought the very 1st Superstar Pro Wrestling Game there was back in 1984.I have em all.Including the NWA one.Back in the 80s wrestling was truly king.It was the territory days of just good old school wrestling.Each area had there own stars,there own feuds,& there own fan base.I loved the NWA myself.That & World Class.I never made it no secret that the only reason I got into wrestling was cos of the Fabulous Freebirds.I figured,anyone who loves Skynyrd was O.K. in my book.A lot has changed since those days.Gone now are Terry Gordy & now Buddy Roberts.And the Freebirds are now retired.Also gone are the territory days of old.Also gone is the Superstar Pro Wrestling Game.But I was simply amazed at how it has such what I call a "Cult Following" I had no idea at just how big this game became.But boy is it ever big.The fan base is huge.I get people even today who ask me where they can find it.I am so blessed to have the complete set.I talk old school wrestling with a feller who don't have this game but like me, loves the old school wrestling.Back in the 80s I would have my NWA do the tours that are now legendary.I mean we toured Japan,Germany,France,I mean you name it.I always have said,if there is a place big enough for a ring,then my NWA will be there.And I just love to tour.I don't know why.Maybe its rolling into town to town or just seeing the NWA in lights with my wrestlers names on the marquee.So here is how I do up my schedule.Mon-Thu we go on tour doing house shows.Now this is so cool cos you get to follow all the feuds of all your wrestlers.Fri-Sun I have the stars vs the jobbers on TBS just like the old days.That is great heat for the following weeks tour.And at the end of each month I do up my PPV.I only have a few rules.1 is I like to be original.And by that I mean I don't like to copy names of PPVs I like to make up my own.And the 2nd one is,I don't use wrestlers who have passed away out of respect for them.But I learned that Kevin Von Erich has 2 sons Marshal & Cody & I know that BuddY Roberts has a son Buddy Jr. & that Terry Gordy has a son Ray Gordy.So I decided to have the Freebird-Von Erich feud the next generation to thrill the newer fans.Plus we still have Kevin Von Erich as well as Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes to.Plus I have all of the Freebird music as well as all of Skynyrd's music to.I also have a recording studio in my home to where I make my wrestlers own theme music.Plus I can add new grudge matches as well.Just print em out on notebook paper.And boy have I come up with some wild crazy matches.Right now my NWA is on tour in Italy.And tonight is Friday which means the NWA Power Hour on TBS.Its wrestling old school 101 just as we remember it.Hey I look at it this way.Since 1984 when this craze all started,I have gone non stop.29 years & counting & I am only now just getting started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.